Favorite Female Vocalist

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alanis is more than just a vocalist. She is also a songwriter and a musician. She can do it all.

The #1 female recording artist of all time in terms of album sales.

Easily my favorite. Not because she is Canadian either, Mr Sambo. Fuck. I may be shallow but I'm not fucking shallow. She is however, besides being supremely talented, also ideal in terms of female beauty.

It would be impossible for me to name one favorite song of hers. Too many good ones. This one ranks right up there though.

Good call Larry, BB & Farangbah with Ella Fitzgerald, Dusty & Debbie Harry... Here's a few of mine... In no particular order, could have done loads more, but you've got to stop somewhere...

Bonnie Raite

Dianna Ross with the Supremes, before she became Micheal Jackson, or he became her?.. Can't remeber?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHnjSyzQr7M

Nina Simone... My dad always thought she was a bit bassy, but she does it for me..

Kate Bush... I used to rent an industrial unit off her dad (He was actually my GP) & I fitted a bath in her house once. Anyway a pal of mine who was infatuated with her demanded that I bring him along for the day & he really frightened the shit out of her with his intense staring & salivating... The she still ain't said hello to me since.

Here she is at her b est when being produced by William Orbit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-HiDZ1MqWo

And Grace Slik... Of course!

And finally for now Carla Bruni...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvyMG0z0FZY

Enjoy :hi:

I like these Alanis songs very much too. One reason is because she plays harmonica in them. Girls who can play musical instruments, harmonica, guitar, bass, sax, whatever, are extra sexy to me.

Funny you should say that Lefty, before my dad married my mum he used to date an 'accordian' playing Television dollybird of her day... Those days you you couldn't just be good looking you had to have a talent, do something... Ride a unicycle, spin plates, rip up phone directories, turn your eye lids inside out, fire a crossbow backwards, something, anything... But you couldn't just stand there & be good looking

And if BB is readin this, Karl does exactly the same thing with me whenever I'm about to leave... The bastard starts playing my tunes & I end up going home just as the fuckin' bin cleaners come out.

So anyway, Siam Sam just got released after a stretch in the hoosegow and was about to make love to his wife Mrs Sam for the first time in months. He says can we turn the lights off honey? She says of course, anything for you my darling. He asks, can I make love to you from behind? She says yes, whatever you like. Sam says, can I call you Pedro?

Funny you should say that Lefty, before my dad married my mum he used to date an 'accordian' playing Television dollybird of her day... Those days you you couldn't just be good looking you had to have a talent, do something... Ride a unicycle, spin plates, rip up phone directories, turn your eye lids inside out, fire a crossbow backwards, something, anything... But you couldn't just stand there & be good looking

And if BB is readin this, Karl does exactly the same thing with me whenever I'm about to leave... The bastard starts playing my tunes & I end up going home just as the fuckin' bin cleaners come out.

Karl also did that with me. One night though I made several requests for songs I don't usually listen to, so he didn't equate them as favs of mine. 3-4 anyway, I requested and he played. I was sitting there next to him, just thinking about making one more request. The song I was thinking of asking him play was Zombie. I thought no, I won't ask, I made enough request for one night. The very next song Karl plays...is Zombie!!! I said, Karl WTF? You can read my thoughts!!! He just grinned his ol' Karl grin, mumbled something in his Welsh accent, and that was it. I gave up long ago trying to understand what he says. LOL. Seriously though, what are the odds? I've never even heard Karl play Zombie before. It's overplayed at lots of bars, but not heard it from Karl. Then here I am sitting there thinking to myself that I would like to hear it right about now, and lo and behold, Karl plays it next song. Be careful what you are thinking around him because if he can read my thoughts he can also read anyone else's. Perhaps he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the ability to read minds. 55555.

I don't have the techno-pop skills to download these song boxes you all include.

So I'll have to stick to old fashioned naming.

Can't pick a one favourite. Impossible.

Try this for a long short list:

Chrissie Hynde

Debbie Harry

Astrud Gilberto

Annie Lennox

Melanie

Joan Baez

Aretha

Ella

Ruth Brown

Billy Holliday

Toni Braxton

Michelle Shocked

I could go on ...

Another singer I like very much is Lavay Smith. She has a swing jazz band too called The Red Hot Skillet Lickers. The name came from paying homage to two bands that she and her partner Chris Seibert admired a lot. Red and The Red Hots, and Gid Tanner and The Skillet Lickers. She has a superb voice that has been compared to jazz great Dinah Washington.

Ok, so we're gonna keep going with this Lefty...

First up, Sonja Kristina - Curved Air, 70's British prog rock, if only they'd have teamed up with Brian Eno when he left Roxy Music, who could imagine how far they'd have gone... sorry, probably one for the Brits?

Gabriella Cilmi on LATER Jools Holland BBC, (Maybe I've done a bit too much name dropping already, but Jools is actually an old mate of mine, maybe a few of you from accross the pond should check out his music show 'Later'... you won't regret it!

Mary J. Blige - No More Drama... I wanna stuff this lil' black chick!!!

Kate Bush... Yet again... She deserves it, getting her music played again, that is!

Marrian Faithful... Better than John Lennon's version, any day!.. Can anyone name the Pink Floyd man playing with her?

Torrie Amos... 'Smells like teen genitals'?

Pattie Labelle... What a voice... Shame it's such an ugly cunt!

Lizz Wright - Old Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjAXFce7sSA

Goldfrapp - Ooh La La

And I'll wrap it up now with Ammie Whitehouse, I thought she was a real wanker until she did this... But now...

Not the type of girl to bring home to Mum, rather the kind of girl to feed qualudes and cheap wine, then sodomize her silly.

That's it, you've got the strength of her PDogg!.. I'd need some heavy duty rubber gloves & can of car greese for what I'd like to do to her!

I'd then reckon on doing a face full of drugs & climaxing by having her face down in the dirt & forcing some intense & meaningfull bum sex on her, just to chill down a bit... Afterwards!

I'd like it if she could use some bad language on me too!