What Will You Do When You Win The PowerBall Jackpot

pdogg

Estimated jackpot $425 million.

I'd give $1million each to 4 family members; $500k each to 2 other family members; $250k each to 6 other family members and 2 close friends. Then $100k each to PDogg, Lefty, BB, and Siam Sam. That's $7.4 million down, $417.6 million left.

Buy gorgeous houses on the beach in Mexico, near Pattaya, nice apartment in Bangkok. That's about $2.6m down, $405 left.

Set aside $100 million in a trust that will generate income to be dispersed annually for charitable causes of my choosing.

Spend the rest on twinkies, ho-ho's and liposuction I guess.

• Upvote 1

Not a big lottery guy myself but will definitely invest 5 or 10 bucks before I head off to Canada for the week.....could come back and be a multi-millionaire! After taxes and taking the lump-sum payout it would be about 250 million, not bad at all.

my large Irish Catholic family [8 brothers and sisters] and My Mom would be in for about half that, I suppose I could manage to live a decent life off the rest of it :rolleye0012:

Would share it with the family. Would give some of it away. One thing I would deffo do would be to-NOT TELL ANYONE!!!!!

i will give 200.mi.

to this stupid but nice country i live,so they can pay back some of the money the politicians stole,actually i will go direct to the guys

who gave that money,in case they still steal also that,and with the rest i will move to LOS,AND ANYBODY WHO NEEDS ME CAN CALL ME THERE.

p.s And i will attend every singe party BB anounce.

Estimated jackpot $425 million.

I'd give $1million each to 4 family members; $500k each to 2 other family members; $250k each to 6 other family members and 2 close friends. Then $100k each to PDogg, Lefty, BB, and Siam Sam. That's $7.4 million down, $417.6 million left.

Buy gorgeous houses on the beach in Mexico, near Pattaya, nice apartment in Bangkok. That's about $2.6m down, $405 left.

Set aside $100 million in a trust that will generate income to be dispersed annually for charitable causes of my choosing.

Spend the rest on twinkies, ho-ho's and liposuction I guess.

Assuming you are a man of your word, I hope ya win. :happy0065:

Actually, I would put PigDogg on the deed as half owner. Then we would open a chain of ladyboy bars. One in every major city in Thailand.

Then branch out and open one in Bali, and a couple in Cambodia. I think the Philippines could handle 3. Makati, Cebu and Angeles at least. They would be called PigLeftDog Ladyboy Bar. Having Pig in the name would keep the Muslims from hanging out there. 555. PD being a wise business man would probably suggest we go public, incorporate and sell shares of stock. So to start off with, we'd give a few hundred shares each to about 10 of ya. I won't mention the names, so as to spare hurt feelings. Then, we'd need a board of directors. I think Big Tel would be the best choice to be chairman of the board, No one would dare mouth off to him. :) Of course me and PD would be co-founders, so Big Tel would be under us in the chain of command. We'd just have him to keep all the slackers in line.

Me and PD would be like the Koch Brothers of ladyboy bar magnates. Only nicer than those two assholium smellicides.

I'll probably forget to buy a ticket for the powerball though, so all best laid plans will have been for naught.

I wouldn't be into doing the lottery. All your buying is a fantasy for a few minutes until you start thinking realistically. But every once in a while I would buy a ticket for one of the bigger ones when there is a roll over. I recently done the Euromillions when it was about 180million.

I would just give a million a piece to each of my family members, then give about 100million away to a number of different HIV related charities that can prove to me that the money will go to a good cause, and not some corrupt African government. Then with the 60 odd million left I would give half of that to an Irish based charity like St Vincent De Paul, and then with whatever is left buy a nice house in an area with decent broadband coverage and holiday 3 or 4 times a year.

But every once in a while I would buy a ticket for one of the bigger ones when there is a roll over. I recently done the Euromillions when it was about 180million.

Good point! With enough rollover sometimes the expected return of a 1 Euro bet will be greater than 1 Euro.

At my old job we formed a consortium that would play when the jackpot was greater than 100 million.

Even at that level the expected return after taxes was still less than the original bet but we were willing to bet small sums for the fun of it.

Since nobody really needs 100 million, many people would rather have a 20 times greater chance of winning 5 million and the consortium approach achieved that.

The numbers drawn Wednesday night are: 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and Powerball of 6.

A lottery official said late Wednesday that the jackpot increased to $579.9 million by the time of the drawing, making the cash option $379.8 million.

Americans went on a ticket-buying spree in recent days, the big money enticing many people who rarely, if ever, play the lottery to purchase a shot at the second-largest payout in U.S. history.