Koyo is no more but

Rickshaw

I have seen glancing references to Koyo's demise, but nothing definite. If there is already a thread on this that I have missed, I am very happy for a grown-up to delete this one.

Anyway, Koyo has definitely got its shutters down and the lights have been turned off; the girls have scattered to the winds with some (Mai, Natty of the big tool fame) having gone to Famous, Tong to Bangkok and the rest to places that I do not know.

However, a semi-reliable source tells me that some of the girls are going to join a new bar called Number One Bar, opening in Soi 10 in October, presumably in the bar complex opposite Page 10 hotel.

Unfortunately, a very reliable source who works in that self same complex tells me that there is no work going on renovating or building a new bar, so I don't know.

When I get back from the Philippines in mid October, I'll trot round and report back. If it still hasn't opened by the time I go home in late October, then I will leave it to someone in the wave of Board Members who appear to be coming late October/ early November to carry on the investigations. But if it is true, it's good news although the location is about as sensible as that of Koyo which means that it might struggle financially as well.

• Upvote 2

When I get back from the Philippines in mid October, I'll trot round and report back. If it still hasn't opened by the time I go home in late October, then I will leave it to someone in the wave of Board Members who appear to be coming late October/ early November to carry on the investigations. But if it is true, it's good news although the location is about as sensible as that of Koyo which means that it might struggle financially as well.

Damn I love an LB scouting mission. Not sure about the current state of play regarding Koyo, but you can rest assured with the band of soi wanderers in town in 5 weeks, any hidden away LB bar will be sniffed out and reported exclusively here

The forum will be the first with the most up to date info on most things LB in Pattaya as soon as the troops arrive. :bling::pic:

Real shame Koyo is gone...Had some good times there...

I didn't think the location was so bad...Thought it was in a good spot in fact...If any are in a less than ideal location that would be Famous and it sure don't appear to be struggling...

No matter where the bar is located promotion appears to be the key to its success...

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with you Kahuna. Promotion is key however location is also important.

The thing about KOYO was I always felt I was in the middle of Las Vegas picking out a hooker for all and sundry to see. While on the other hand, EZY, Famous, Sunnee, Soi 6, was/is somewhat more discreet (perhaps in my own head) and as a result I was more comfortable.

Koyo was just too loud, too bright, too present, too in your face at the entrance to the loudest place in Pattaya.

Real shame Koyo is gone...Had some good times there...

I didn't think the location was so bad...Thought it was in a good spot in fact...If any are in a less than ideal location that would be Famous and it sure don't appear to be struggling...

No matter where the bar is located promotion appears to be the key to its success...

Exactly, I think our small fraternity will travel to most locations in Pattaya if we know what to expect. Unlike other sexual preference there is no one area catering to Lb lovers as we all know, so location is not really an issue. Also it can be fun traversing the place be it on foot, bike or bus as it allows for the opportunity to spot some of ours out and about.

Koyo was just too loud, too bright, too present, too in your face at the entrance to the loudest place in Pattaya.

Maybe some truth to that my friend but how would you account for the success of JSB when Jenny owned it?

I don't go to WS often but think the bar is still kinda sorta successful...

Maybe I'm wrong, but if Mardhi or Karl owned Koyo, it might still be opened...

And BB is very right...Dicksuckers are a strange lot...I too enjoy the wandering...That is one of the great joys of Pattaya...

However, a semi-reliable source tells me that some of the girls are going to join a new bar called Number One Bar, opening in Soi 10 in October, presumably in the bar complex opposite Page 10 hotel.

Unfortunately, a very reliable source who works in that self same complex tells me that there is no work going on renovating or building a new bar, so I don't know.

There is a bar in the back row of that bar complex...last one on the left facing 2nd Rd. that has been vacant for a while.

Maybe that is going to be the one.

Cheers DK

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone happen to know where the bodacious Bell ended up, or is she still home in Nong Khai? I've got her number, so I may try and track her down myself when I get there in a couple weeks, but any advance intel would be appreciated. :hi:

Still kicking myself for not taking her when I had the chance.

It would seem that both Mai and Natty/Nutty have buggered off from Famous in order to take up residence at Number One Bar. I have this on the say-so of a well-known bar owner who has recently employed both of the aforementioned.

So it would seem that #1 bar is a go! Remains to be seen if it's a 'go to,' though...

In the meantime, bear in mind the wise words of H H Asquith...

Yes Route 66 Number#1 Bar has opened on Soi 10 between 2nd Road and Soi Buakhoa.

Mai is there and also Patty (ex Koyo) plus a couple of other Lbs.... One has quite a package.

Here are a couple of pics Mai said it was ok to post.

Cheers DK

post-117-0-53790700-1349856509_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-13892600-1349856555_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-88912600-1349856636_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-73303400-1349856918_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-56241100-1349856950_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-06588900-1349857313_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

You brought the bar to the forum world's attention and now you confirm its demise. Like Tel says great on the spot reporting DC.

Cheers lads :hi:

It was a pleasure to bring attention to the bar a few years ago, but it gave me no pleasure to bring this latest update. I took these pics a few days ago after a meal in the PBG with my ladyboy date (no anti-LB behaviour shown by the staff or management what-so-ever). I'm currently back in Phnom Penh.

It is always a great shame when a dedicated LB venue sees the end of it's life.

an update I got the wrong info....the bar is on soi 10 a small soi running from second rd towards soi buakhoa. This is not the soi 10 that Page 10 hotel is in.

Cheers DK

I got the location wrong - apologies. However, it does explain why my reliable informant from soi 10 between Beach and Second had no knowledge of a new bar opening.

Looking forward to seeing the new bar on Sunday (assuming that the threatened storm does not put a kibosh on things).