LB Event Of The Year - October 27th 2012

Rossco

An update on how all your contributions will be spent.

There are two Charities to receive the proceeds - the new target is 200,000 Baht between the two.

Pattaya Orphanage - a new roof for the Deaf School - see email below

Rotary Club - will install about 100 Water Filtration systems in poor, remote villages. That is enough for 2 villages.

It would be great if we could raise the last 25,000 for the Orphange project - a new roof

Financed by Forum Members - 2012

Dear Khun Tony,

It happened that a big need has come up due to the leaking of the deaf school’s roof. Fr. Michael has just got the estimated costs which is approx. 300,000 Baht. The ministry of education has recently pledged 175,000 Baht for the new fiscal year, i.e. October 2012. We’ll need to find support for the rest, and if LBWVB could support with 100,000 Baht, we will be very grateful indeed.

It’s rainy season but due to lacking of budget and close to the celebration, we have had to fix the roof temporarily. If you have time, you can come and see the area of needs. If you wish to join the celebration of the School’s 30th anniversary next Monday (13th August) you could take the opportunity to see it too. Otherwise, we can show you any day between 9:00 and 17:00 hrs.

Kindly let us know what you think. My phone number if 081 914 4155 and I’ll be in the office tomorrow since Thursday is my weekly day-off.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best wishes,

Ms. Siriphen Limsirikul (Ah)

Assistant Director, International Relations

Pattaya Orphanage / Children's Home Foundation Pattaya

Box 300 Pattaya City Post Office, Chonburi 20260

Thailand

Tel. +66 (0) 3842 3468 Fax. +66 (0) 3841 6425

Email: siriphen@thepattayaorphanage.org, siriphen@ine.co.th

I will post this on behalf of Jimbo from Team Cocktail & Dreams

" i want to thank the anonymous gentleman that sent me a large cash transfer yesterday towards the volleyball competition. Whoever you are, and i wish you would tell me so that i could personally shake your hand and buy a beer, my sincere gratitude for ensuring the whole party gets to Pattaya in comfort and can hand over a fat envelope of cash towards the orphange roof.

Thanks again"

Well I do owe an update but I wanted to vet the charities nominated..

I just had two very emmotionally charged days. They were a big enough reward for me.

I presented what we are doing, on 27th Oct 2012, to Rotary who promptly bought 5 tickets - these are selling like wildfire. There are less than 20 left to sell with 9 weeks to go - NONE will be available on the day.

Rotary's project is superb and they will be sending me links to what we are actually supporting - 2 villages will have drinking water because of us.

The Orphanage - I cannot say enough. The Deaf kids were over me like a rash. Father Michael gave me the 1000 Dollar tour. It makes you very humble to be in his company. He was amazed at our plans (perverse) and, as we both agreed, referring to ladyBoys, the good Lord works in mysterious ways.

He also shared with me that many LBs visit and help and contribute - they are not all 'bad thieving skanks' as so often portrayed. I hope we improve their pubic image (not pubic) by having 40 participate in what should be a great fun competition.

You guys made it happen - your generosity. I was pushing the boat out at a target of 150,000 baht.

We are heading into over 200,000 baht territory. That is incredible.

I do not charge admin, travel, phone, my time, for this, 100% of ALL Sponsorship and Donations will go to the charities. The event is self funding and, in itself, makes a sizeable contribution. There will be set of transparent accounts published immediately after the event.

Thanks to those that have contributed and shame on those that did not - we do not have many opportunities to use our collective interest to do something really good for people that are far worse off than us.

I have many photos from my 2 days of vetting - it would be inappropriate to post them on our kind of site - I hope you understand that.

I do have some photos of the roof that needs repair - it is the Deaf kids wash room. To see all their towels and toothbrushes lined up was heart wrenching. I wanted to adopt them all BUT the Orphanage takes such damned good care I would be a poor substitute. I take my hat off to the people that give their lives so generously.

I met a French gap year student, who had never been out of France, her time given to help kids.

We are 15,000 short of the target, assuming all tickets sold and reserves met at auction.

Thanks to Restaurants, Bars and individuals for contributing so many generous items. I know a roofer, in Birmingham, who would be ideal for the repair work!

If any of you would like to sponsor a bar, or contribute, now is the time to do so. I have made it very simple for people to make a payment/contribution - simply donate. PayPal, Cash, bank Transfer

Be part of something we can be proud of.

Both the Orphanage and the Rotary club will have Plaques/Posters acknowledging our contribution to improve people's lives. Funded/Sponsored by The Forum Members

• Upvote 3

Most excellent Rossco, indeed things move in mysterious ways. And kudos to you once again for all your hard work; I'm sure you've got a lot of positive karma in the metaphysical bank. I've done some volunteering myself in Thailand, including at an orphanage for children that are HIV+, so I can understand just how emotionally charged your visit must have been.

As for not posting the photos, have you thought about setting up a website for the event itself? :hi:

I will post this on behalf of Jimbo from Team Cocktail & Dreams

" i want to thank the anonymous gentleman that sent me a large cash transfer yesterday towards the volleyball competition. Whoever you are, and i wish you would tell me so that i could personally shake your hand and buy a beer...

It was me Jimbo. "I am Spartacus!"

Thanks to all the Sponsors, Contributors and Ticket buyers - you are all helping in a very practical way.

Both charities were enormously pleased with our event if a little amused at its presentation.

Rotary have bought tickets. We also had a mention on Pattaya Bay Radio FM103 which has aroused some interest from local media.

We will meet with them to discuss how we can use them to promote the event in a non intrusive manner.

The Media interest will help in organizing any future LB Promotions with the aim of improving the LB image and raise money for good causes.

Rotary Club are really grateful for our pledged donation to their Water Filtration project - we will supply 2 villages with drinking water - which we all take for granted.

The Orphanage can now plan their repairs. From my limited knowledge the problem seems to be:

The interior ceiling is a plasterboard suspended ceiling with glass panels in it to allow natural light.

The actual external roof is comprised of Corrugated tiles and Corrugated clear plastic (for light) - the leaks are probably where the tiles and plastic meet. I have seen a similar problem elsewhere and also in the La Bamba store room.

When it rains here it is in torrents, so the water gets between the two different types of materials because they do not meet/overlap flush. Any builders out there with good ideas?

Some photos of the problem - the roof covers the bathroom, and classroom, in the wing dedicated to the School for the Deaf. The kids were amazing.

Attached Images

post-193-0-04663000-1345176352_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-95421100-1345176368_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-85266800-1345176380_thumb.jpg

Last night I was in town to meet a friend who runs another Forum

I only opened the envelope, from this other Forum, when I got home - Wow - 6,000 Baht when only 3500 Pledged.

I really appreciate the donation. We are getting close to the final target and that makes it all worth while.

I left TJs and visited Baby Boom who promised me another shirt and a unique gift voucher for the Auction.

Then on to La Bamba - I met a guy in there who served in Vietnam and remembered Pattaya from 1968.

I told him what we were up to so he put 800 Baht in my hand to help.

My Swedish friend, who will not be here in October, felt guilty so gave me another 1000 Baht.

I then visited Stringfellows and picked up another shirt for Auction

So last night not only gave me two more shirts for the Auction but gave me 3,300 more to the Charity (1500 extra from the other Forum + 800 + 1000)

Maybe I should visit town more often! I wonder if I could do a fundraiser for my liver?

Quick update from the Orphanage.

We are on target to make 215,000 Baht towards charity, based on all tickets sold (nearly there already) and achieving good prices as the auction.

We would like to raise another 10,000 Baht so we can cover the shortfall in the roof repair at the Orphanage.

If you would like to either Sponsor a team (entitles you to a complimentary ticket) or donate please do so via

LBWVB@Hotmail.Com

15 August 2012 The Pattaya Orphanage welcomes Khun Tony, for his first and meaningful visit this afternoon. It’s very kind of Khun Tony to embrace our kids and their best interest in his heart by offering part of the fund he hopes to raise from the upcoming Lady Boy Water Volleyball charity event in October 2012. Fr. Michael Weera Phangrak shows Khun Tony the damage caused by the leaking roof at the School for the Deaf where the cost of repairs is much needed. Thanks in advance to all concerned, especially Khun Tony, for your great kindness. May the LBWVB charity event at the Evergreen Wing of Areca Lodge Pattaya be fun-filled and successful..

Just so all the contributors know that all the Sponsorship (110,000 Baht) and Donations (27,000 Baht) - Total 137,000

ALL goes to Charity.

Ticket Sales + Auction, covers the actual Event Costs, and the profit from the Event provides another 83,000 Baht making 220,000 Baht to Charity. Just 5,000 short of Target.

Costs have been kept to a minimum with many items required paid for anonymously or by the bars.

I do not know how many Tickets have been sold out of the 30 Allocated to the bars

Baby Boom (5), La Bamba (5) have sold some and so have TJ's (10) and Stringfellows (10)

I am now only holding 9. Of those 5 are set aside for some guys who have asked me to do so.

Looks like a 'Sell Out'

Many thanks to those who have Sponsored/Donated/Bought Tickets.

There will be a Certificate of Recognition/Merit ,to both the bars and yourselves, displayed in each Participating Bar, with Forum names only.

If you have Sponsored/Donated/Bought a Ticket and your Forum/Forum name is not here please Email me on LBWVB@Hotmail.Com

Aug26thAccts.doc

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is a tempoary list as I am waiting on some bars to confirm their item.

The list of Auction Items already on offer:

1) Signed Volley Ball of Winning Team

2) Signed Volley Ball of Runners Up Team

3) Sports shirt signed by Anaconda Team

4) Sports shirt signed by Baby Boom Team

5) Sports shirt signed by CockTails and Dreams Team

6) Sports shirt signed by Horny Bar Team

7) Sports shirt signed by La Bamba Team

8) Sports shirt signed by Pook Bars Team

9) Sports shirt signed by Stringfellows Team

10) Sports shirt signed by TJs Team

11) Large cuddly white Teddy Bear

12) Free Sportsman Carvery for 2 on Soi 13 - valued at 1,000 baht

13) Free Meal at Baadshah Indian Restaurant on 3rd Road - valued at 750 baht

14) Free Meal at Baadshah Indian Restaurant on 3rd Road - valued at 750 baht

15) Free Bar Fine at Stringfellows - valued at 500 baht

16) Drinks voucher for Stringfellows – valued at 1,000 baht

17) Premier League signed football shirt - Manchester United (Red)

18) Premier League signed football shirt - Manchester City (Pale Blue)

19) Golf shirt from the Sportsman Bar signed by Tony Knowles - world class snooker player

20) Marriott Hotel gift vouchers – valued at 300 USD mem_online.gif

On Line Auction - start now and will close on Sunday 21st October at Midnight Local time in Thailand.

Bids can be made to

LBWVB@Hotmail.Com

The highest bid, at the time of closing on Sunday 21st October, must PayPal their Bid within 48 hours to

LBWVB@Hotmail.Com

If no payment received then the winning ‘on line’ bid will go to the next highest bidder etc. Bids must state:

Item Bid for

Forum

Forum name

Amount bid

If the ‘on line’ bid is exceeded, at the event, then the PayPal payment will be returned to the On Line bidder.

Managing the auction in this way we have a committed on line Bid prior to the actual Event.

Paying in advance ensures we do not lose the opportunity to Auction the item, on the night, to someone actually paying.

The list of Auction Items already on offer – I plan to post some photos of some items:

19) Golf shirt from the Sportsman Bar signed by Tony Knowles - world class snooker player

20) Marriott Hotel gift vouchers – valued at 300 USD

21) Baby Boom BF + 1 Team Bikini

22) Baby Boom 500 Baht drink Voucher + 1 Team Bikini

23) Anaconda – 50% discount on one night’s bin (bill)

If an item is unavailable, for whatever reason, any money sent will be returned.

If you are not in Thailand and you win a bid I can hold the item for you or I can arrange post/courier etc at your cost.

... It was that or Karaoke

Well then "bravo, bravo" to Fabulous FM103 for rescuing us from off-key caterwauling. :drinks: And somehow, a radio station that bills itself as fabulous just seems ... apropos ... :biggrin:

List of Auction items - maybe some more to come (Bold Type see Photos)

On line auction closes 21st October - See previous post for details.

Team Shirts can be signed by the Teams on the night

20) Marriott Hotel gift vouchers – valued at 300 USD

21) Baby Boom BF (500 Baht) + 1 Team Bikini

22) Baby Boom 500 Baht drink Voucher + 1 Team Bikini

23) Anaconda – 50% discount on one night’s bin (bill)

24) Bangkok Dining Cruise

25) Tony’s Tabs – 20 Baht per guess. 50% Discount on Bar Bin at La Bamba

26) Team Pennants x 8. 1 per Bar in team colours

post-193-0-12415200-1347950742_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-08753900-1347950753_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-56701000-1347950782_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-03146400-1347950795_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-20551800-1347950822_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-57327200-1347950836_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-42518000-1347950871_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-69239400-1347950890_thumb.jpg

post-193-0-12487200-1347950910_thumb.jpg