Bamboo Bar, Soi Buakhao

Laawman

Which one is the Bamboo bar ? The table with gurls in the foreground or the other one accros the street near the "Findig" shop ? 

Your photos are not that bad. I could try to resize them and enhance (I use a software different from photoshop. I promise I won't try to sharpen pics adding grain all over. 

• Like 1

I tried to resize and enhance your pics. I guess you used a recent smartphone. The quality of the pic regarding the ladyboy in the foreground is very good. I just obtained a little bit more light and I had too much emphasized features. 

BB1A.jpg.fda5a8e4fa847a0d748ae263d539d098.jpg

BB2A.jpg.980e41d3384204587ffcc1cdd3acad5c.jpg

IMHO, she's not very pretty. Needless to offend her, but the pic was good and allowed  a good "photoshopping".

Now, let's have a look at the background. 

BB1B.jpg.3506179e122ff5bf1e5be7a8365d7e10.jpg

BB2B.jpg.838d869a301ccf2e8ca8af99a2ab6b4d.jpg

The camera didn't focus onto the characters in the background. Except adding more light, I couldn't get anything really better. In the second pic, the ladyboy in the black tshirt reminds me of a ladyboy I met in Udon Thani but I doubt this the one I met (in 2017). I like the figure of the tall one behind the motorbike. 

I hope these copies help people watching with a tab or a phone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Many thanks for your efforts PG, it is hard work using a smartphone (Pixel 4a) but the biggest challenge is using it discretely. I was actually sitting in the Bamboo Bar which does have a few GGs btw. 

The second pic was done using the 2x digital zoom which was predictably rubbish as they always are.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Laawman said:

Many thanks for your efforts PG, it is hard work using a smartphone (Pixel 4a) but the biggest challenge is using it discretely. I was actually sitting in the Bamboo Bar which does have a few GGs btw. 

The second pic was done using the 2x digital zoom which was predictably rubbish as they always are.  

I don't think so. I didn't work it very seriously when I resized to catch the ugly ladyboy in the front. Phones have an auto focus software and both photos focused on her face. In order to catch ladyboys across the street, you should have choosen a mode that displays squares for you to select what character you want the camera to focus on. It's easy to say but not to do when using it discretely. 

I'm convinced your phone can make fairly good photos. Once the character is well shot, then one can see if the photo was good only after photoshopping. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bumblebee said:

The discreet, candid photos capture nicely the atmosphere of the shady goings on in Pattaya.  Good work Laawman, it gives some of us a little taster of what awaits on our eventual return.:drinks:

There's a lot of shady goings on in Pattaya! Perhaps I should invest in a pair of these glasses.

15 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I don't think so. I didn't work it very seriously when I resized to catch the ugly ladyboy in the front. Phones have an auto focus software and both photos focused on her face. In order to catch ladyboys across the street, you should have choosen a mode that displays squares for you to select what character you want the camera to focus on. It's easy to say but not to do when using it discretely. 

I'm convinced your phone can make fairly good photos. Once the character is well shot, then one can see if the photo was good only after photoshopping. 

It is capable of a surprisingly good output - comparable to my old SLR kit for 90% of the time (of course, it was 16yrs old......) Being discrete is the problem though, though fortunately with a smart phone you can pretend you're just texting.

PXL_20220831_172026118.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220831_172238244.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Laawman said:

though fortunately with a smart phone you can pretend you're just texting.

Be careful with that. I tried this a couple days ago in a complete different part of the world. The blonde in question would have  P Diddy and all other Annabelle’s fans in tears. A nosy person behind me saw what I did and things almost got very uncomfortable. I had to intimidate him to shut up.:biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seven said:

Be careful with that. I tried this a couple days ago in a complete different part of the world. The blonde in question would have  P Diddy and all other Annabelle’s fans in tears. A nosy person behind me saw what I did and things almost got very uncomfortable. I had to intimidate him to shut up.:biggrin:

You do what you have to do!

I'd much rather ask them first though if possible - LBs can be such show-offs that you'd think that this isn't a problem!

• Like 1