Saigon skylines & scapes

KenW

Imitation, it is said, is the sincerest form of flattery.

In which case Bumblebee can consider himself well and truly flattered. In blatant imitation of him I thought it might be a reasonable idea to give FMs a bit of a feel for what Saigon looks like. A few FMs have visited Vietnam, a few more possibly contemplate it.

The LBs are hard to find, but when found are largely good looking, and despite some disparaging things I have said in other places, can be fun to be with. There are femboys and gayboys aplenty.

Now, as will be immediately obvious, I am no photographer. My shots will never have the quality of those done by a real pro like Bumblebee. Nevertheless, I hope they are sufficient to give readers some small appreciation of this town.

I will start at the centre of my mundane universe: a few views from the roof deck of my house in Saigon's southern suburbs. It is dusk, lights beginning to come on.

As you can see I am still far from mastering night shots.

They are ok Ken, night photography is tricky for all of us. You need high ISO for movement, but that leads to grainy quality. For night stills, low ISO and long shutter speed(shutter open, level surface or tripod) works best,

• 6 months later...