Music, good or bad.

seven

Seldom has a single song and dance turned into a collective act of civil disobedience. It all started with an old man at a fish market in the northern city of Rasht in late November.

Dressed in a white suit the man, Sadegh Bana Motejaded, 70, who owns a small market stall energetically swayed and bopped. He serenaded the crowd with a folk song and encouraged others to join in with some joyous noise — helheleh kon, velveleh kon. A small group of men clapped, shouting back the rhythmic chorus,“ “oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.’

The video of him dancing and singing at the market went viral when Mr. Aghapour reposted a remix of the song with techno beats with video of the original dance from a local blogger who had appeared in the video and posted it on his Instagram page.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the first two episodes of The Playlist.  Think it just came out on Thailand Netflix.  I suppose it's been on Netflix Farangland for awhile.  It's about Spotify, Pirate Bay, and the music industry. Watched the first 10 minutes dubbed in English but was much better when I switched to Swedish with English subtitles.  If you like streaming or downloading music then you might find it interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/6/2024 at 12:09 PM, Pdoggg said:

If we go take the Wayback Machine with Sherman and Mr Peabody, Flowers compares favorably with the beer bar favorite of 2003, Cheeky Song.

I have to admit Pdoggg you find some off the beat stuff.  It's a testament to your depth and boardness.  I'm not saying I like it, but I respect it.  I still get a kick of that guy and gal singing the John Prine song, In Spite of Ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I know there are some Cowpokes on the forum who will enjoy the new Cowboy Carter album.  Ya Ya samples both Nancy Sinatra and the Beach Boys.

Most horrible music I heard lately :shok:

Better have a go at Yaya from Cindy's Secrets. She surpasses this anybtime off the day :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...