Cocktails & Dreams

Guest Lumix

With a new Police Chief comes a new beaurocracy. All the girls have had to fill in an ID form.

And the ones that are away or on a day off?

What a joke. This is another rainforest that'll end up in some dusty drawer back at the cop shop.

post-136-0-07011200-1341387226_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-83360100-1341387242_thumb.jpg

Its not often i really enjoy the cabaret, as i've seen it a thousand times already. But last night was really excellent, with Kitty providing a pseudo "bondage" theme to her act, which was the highlight, and brought the house down - well it would have if we had had double the number of customers

post-136-0-52966500-1341999860_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-64047800-1341999879_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-63599400-1341999897_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-78274400-1341999913_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-85773700-1341999933_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-87870200-1341999955_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-19944800-1341999966_thumb.jpg

And now for a little midweek rant:

Shopping Today in Jungceylon

Its dull and overcast, so i thought i might spoil myself a little. I had got to go to Jungceylon anyway to pick up some wine for the bar, and i thought i might buy myself a pair of trousers and a shirt or two. I also thought i might buy myself one of those overpriced Apple products: the Notebook Air thingy.

I go to the Robinsons store, as i like the layout, the variety of pretty good quality products, and the (unique in Thailand) guarantee that goes with their purchases.

I start at a concession called Celio (or something like that) and pick out a nice looking pair of troos. Whilst i'm fumbling for my glasses so that i can read the ant-sized size label, a dumpy middle aged assistant lumbers up

"What you want?"

"These, in a 32 inch waist please"

(Sigh) (fumble) "Hab"

"Can i try them on?"

(deep sigh) "This way"

As i start to follow her i ask if they can shorten them for me

(tut) (eyes roll) "No!"

Most of the concessions in Robinsons will shorten trousers for you while you wait. Now, it wouldn't have been too difficult for me to have taken them to one of those ladies that sit by the roadside with their sewing machines to do it, but this old trouts attitude was pissing me off, so i told her i wouldn't be buying them. And to a final tut i wandered off to see what else was on offer.

After about 15 minutes looking at trousers of all shapes and hues, my patience level was reaching critical. The only other ones i saw were in size elephant, and no good for this particular whippet.

So i turned my attention to shirts. Now there are thousands of shirts available, but i wanted something that looked crisp and elegant, yet a little bit different from the usual checks and stripes. When i find something i like i have to buy size L ! Why the fuck does a tiny gnat like me have to buy a L? And what size do you bigger blokes have to buy? Size Extra Large Elephant?

I saw a couple of decent looking garments but only in sizes Tiny Tot or Extra Large Elephant!

Fuck this, i thought, i'll get something tonight in Ocean Plaza, i can't be doing with this arseing around any longer.

So, off to the Apple section in the electrical department. I immediately saw what i wanted and looked up for some assistance. Now, at 33,000 baht, the equivalent of about 5 months salary, i would have thought that somebody might just be interested in selling it me. But no. All the spotty youths and fat dumpies were busy on their socail networks, or their phones. One Extra Fat Dumpy looked at me, and looked away again. Not the slightest interest in relieving me of my cash.

Enough was enough, and i exited at pace. If there had been a door to slam, it would have been duly slammed off its hinges!

Like most blokes, shopping has a limited appeal for me, and a limited time slot. To get the best out of me i just need attentive and helpful assistance when i want, not when and if they can be bothered. I'll try again tomorrow if my irritation level is at a reasonable level.

End of rant.

I wouldn't defend the poor attitude of the staff but in fairness they do have to put up with some very ignorant behaviour from tourists. I have seen some awful people in some of the markets & shops who I would never tolerate if I had to deal with them. Obviously the staff at Robinsons aren't on an incentive that if not met, gets them fired.

Either that or they just don't care anymore. I once dated a GG from Oceans on Beach Road who had one day off a month, the other 29 days, she worked 12 hour shifts. She was always tired. She would do her laundry at midnight, she shared one room with two other girls, her life was terrible. Oceans did feed her though.

I was very glad to hear she had resigned & gone home to Krabi before the tsunami swept in the front door & drowned all those people in the basement.

How unlucky was that? If the farang don't wear them down, the management don't sack them for poor sales, then mother nature will take them out while they are on a meal break. It makes me appreciate my lot just a bit more.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I closed the bar shortly after 2am, as it was empty, and i wanted a staff meeting/pep talk.

With no mongers in town, we need to attract passing tourists. I've put up some extra lighting on the outside of the Tiger side, so that people can see what we're all about. And the chat was all about making the effort to come to work, keep smiling, dancing on the poles outside our brighter entrance, ENGAGING the customer, making EYE CONTACT, SMILING, playing games, KEEP HIM IN THE BAR!

And, if you're wondering what the Angry Birds toys are doing in the photos: as of now playing of games on phones(including Angry Birds) and the use of jabby dabby swipey devices are banned. 'Phones can be used for calls only - no more poring after fucking Fartbook and the like. Penalty barfine and sent home if caught. And the recipients, if caught, will not only get the penalty barfine, but will also have to return the toys or face a further 200Bt fine. Enough is enough. The focus must be on THE CUSTOMER !

post-136-0-69992400-1343221806_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-31934000-1343221833_thumb.jpg

Great pics Dave, and thanks for posting.

Are you now part owner/manager/investor in this bar?

Damn, Nookie still looks amazing, such a pretty face.

Who is the girl in the green sparkly bikini?

I gotta say that Jen looks like she'd be a lot of fun in the sack, oh my!

Great pics Dave, and thanks for posting.

Are you now part owner/manager/investor in this bar?

Damn, Nookie still looks amazing, such a pretty face.

Who is the girl in the green sparkly bikini?

I gotta say that Jen looks like she'd be a lot of fun in the sack, oh my!

Firstly thanx mate, and the answer to your question is "No" Im not a part owner/manager/investor.. :laugh:

I do this as a favour to Jimbo for which he is very grateful, it also gives BM's on this forum (who might not be members of other forums) the chance to see Cocktail & Dreams and who are perhaps thinking of a visit to Phuket and what it has to offer.

It is also my favourite ladyboy bar (along with the old Ezy Bar) that has a fantastic host in Jimbo who is more than willing to go out of his way to help you and take you on a tour of Soi Crocodile :party0030:

As for Jen Ive heard great reports and shes "versatile", hopefully I will find out for myself next trip, :Drooling: thats of course if Sonya will allow (which Im sure she will with a "bribe"/or join in :sign0184: )

• Upvote 1

Thursday Night

Thank Buddha for a better night. A result of the pep talk? Or more likely, the possibility that with european summer holidays starting now, an influx of holidaymakers? Whatever, i'm soo glad to see some bodies in the bar!

Amazing Sonya

post-136-0-73494200-1343380744_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-65799200-1343380777_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-36455800-1343380836_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-45528900-1343380868_thumb.jpg

Aug 1st

Well thank fuck that's july out the way. What a terrible month, setting a new low. As its usually the worst month of the year i'm taking some comfort from the thought that it can only get better. But i do wish Europe would sort itself out. To me, its looks like a pretty bleak future for some considerable time.

Now for some pretty Ladyboys to brighten us up:post-136-0-00296600-1343818940_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-79042500-1343818806_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-88852900-1343818827_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-25904600-1343818845_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-42020700-1343818908_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-94587100-1343818922_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-13078300-1343818951_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-60485300-1343818963_thumb.jpg

Saturday Night

Well i was wrong (as usual) and the bars were forced to close on thursday and friday despite my face to face confrontation with the police gen, which nearly got me locked up!

Finally, last night we were permitted to actually trade. Looking at the calendar, we're bloody closed more than we're open this month, ffs! I feel a rant starting up, so better post some pics:

Thanks to Gert, our intrepid volleyball supporter, Clem, Colin, and Katoeylover who showed up with the Pocket Venus, for supporting us last night. Soi Bangla was very busy, so maybe, when we do actually open, we can do some decent business. Here's Bombay next to the volleyball ad, sporting some newly applied collagen:

post-136-0-87231000-1344160059_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-36569700-1344160070_thumb.jpg