AIS Deals and Issues

Pdoggg

If you are willing to change your number and live in Thailand,AIS has a pretty good internet SIM card.  They have a few Marathon Sims.  On particularly good one is for 1790 baht you have 100 GB per month of internet at a download speed of 10 Mbs.  If interested, I'd suggest going to an official AIS store such as the one in Central as opposed to the counter in Tuk Com.    There are many deals so it's confusing  such as one for the same price for yearly internet where you don't change your number but at a download speed of only 1MBs.  

AIS seems to have an issue with there Balance Transfer from phone to phone as you might get an error message that you can't transfer money from phone to phone because the Sim has not been active for 90 when your Simhas been active longer than 90 days.  At the AIS store now on the 3rd floor at Central in Pattaya they will sort it out for you. 

do you mean a new phone number or a new Sim card PD? certainly AIS used to allow you when you bought a new Sim card from them and as long as your old number was registered in your name to have the old phone number transferred to the new sim. They do this in the shop on some magic machine thing. My Missus has had the same number for about 12 years despite sim upgrades or changes.

dunno if they still do but may be worth asking. has to be an official AIS shop.

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2020 at 9:38 PM, Pdoggg said:

1790 baht you have 100 GB per month of internet at a download speed of 10 Mbs

Today, I renewed paying 1,790 baht for the entire year.  I get 100 GB per month at a 10Mbs download speed.  I don't come close to using 100 GB per month.  So this works out to 149 baht per month though the whole 1790 is paid upfront.

On 10/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, blind boy grunt said:

do you mean a new phone number or a new Sim card PD?

Don't know.  But they might be more liberal than in the past because True (a few shops away) has a similar 100GB per month with 10Mbs download speed deal.  In prior years AIS would not give the same deal for renewals forcing people to change numbers.  So maybe they are now doing their magic bit letting people keep their old number with a new Sim.  Or if AIS won't do it maybe True will do it to get you as a customer.

The AIS store on the 3rd floor of Central Festival Mall in Pattaya was crowded today.  They told me it would be along wait.  But I was able to wait in the Serenade Lounge, sort of a business class lounge with free coffee for AIS Serenade members.  I'm not a Serenade member but nobody stopped me from walking into the lounge.  In the lounge the board listing who's next only lists Serenade members who have a different numbering system so you have to listen to audio broadcast from the other room (but loud enough to hear from the lounge) which is in Thai so good to know the words for Thai numbers.  Being in the lounge made the wait bearable and also did some other business in the mall while waiting.

18 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Do they also sell portable wifi 4G routers in these shops ?  

I once bought a plan that combined a yearly Sim with a portable router.  But I had issues with that portable router and now use an old phone instead as a hotspot.  I am not sure if they still sell the routers or have a combination plan. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1