Europe

seven

Not sure how scientific this poll is or what the criteria's are, but rather fun read:

Europe — the land of high culture, high fashion, delicious food and centuries-spanning history. What’s not to love? 

"We asked ourselves this question and decided there are actually plenty of things not to love about Europe. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but a good deal of Europe’s 44 official countries (as recognized by the United Nations) have no business being among the Greeces, Spains and Swedens of the continent.

Armed with the knowledge that, in fact, not all of Europe is so superior to the rest of the world, we set out to decide which countries are enviable and which ones just aren’t. We’re wholly certain many readers will be astonished by our conclusions. Which is to say, we fully expect many people will vehemently disagree, especially if they have strong opinions about the best European country to live in.

Here’s our ranking of European countries, from worst to first."

https://www.farandwide.com/s/european-countries-ranked-ccef2494f3994077?utm_campaign=rankingeurope-26321fd52287497e&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=out&aid=008d034cf1b163e30d943e921a0636ed90&utm_term=People+(Meredith)&dicbo=v1-e846578d967db2530a924d7e5570b07a-008d034cf1b163e30d943e921a0636ed90-

4364bee10469481d86d30c324d215aa7.png

• Like 3
16 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

neither do i QG.... probably about 9 places too high.....

Now thats a bit harsh. 6 or 7 places too high, I'd say.:biggrin:

I'm sure theres one very offended BM from Engerland who disagrees as he thinks he's living in paradise.

I think the writers of the article are Americans, they have so many things completely wrong.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

yes you could be correct Seven... i forgot about Albania...

I got it wrong, UK is actually fifth from last at #40, and Albania is apparently better at #23.

To save anyone having to click through the list, here are the ratings:

1 Denmark

2 Portugal

3 Greece 

4 Spain

5 Poland

6 Netherlands 

7 Sweden

8 Italy

9 Hungary

10 Germany

11 Croatia

12 Austria

13 Belgium

14 Ireland

15 France

16 Czech Republic

17 Estonia

18 Latvia

19 Lithuania

20 Serbia

21 Romania

22 Slovakia

23 Albania

24 Norway

25 Bulgaria

26 Finland

27 Ukraine

28 Switzerland

29 Bosnia and Herzegovinia

30 Slovenia

31 Malta

32 Luxembourg

33 Andorra

34 Montenegro

35 Iceland

36 North Macedonia

37 San Marino

38 Lichtenstein

39 Moldova

40 United Kingdom

41 Monaco

42 Belarus

43 Russia

44 Vatican City

And yes I do have too much time on my hands! :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Quietguy said:

And yes I do have too much time on my hands! :biggrin: 

Thanks, QG. So do I , I actually read most of it. :biggrin:

14 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Seven should be pleased

No, not at all. I'm not a nationalist, you'll never see me wave the flag.  I don't think there are any perfect countries. There are great things here, such as tax financed healthcare and at least something similar to democracy, but also so many shit things. Too many to list. 

Denmark isn't the best country, there isn't one. Better than Belarus, Russia, Hungary, Poland or as BBG says Albania, sure.

6 hours ago, globetrotter1 said:

Love to know what criteria they used 

I have no idea, don't think they ever reveal that.  Hopefully the writers have travelled around and had a discussion among themselves , alas very subjective.

• Like 2