Dave Man Club raided last night

mardhi

Thanks for the news Mardhi but had trouble opening your link. Maybe this one works better:

Dave Man Club Raided

The Department of Special Investigations (DSI), Eastern Branch, in cooperation with local Police, conducted a raid of a Gay Bar in Central Pattaya. The raid took place just after 4am on Wednesday when the club was still open and selling alcoholic beverages. Officers conducted checks on the Thai and Foreign patrons, which included Urine Tests. At the end of the operation, the DSI arrested 18 people, 5 of which had failed urine tests indicating they recently consumed methamphetamine and the remaining 12 people were not carrying their Thai ID cards which is a minor offence in Thailand. The manager of the venue, Khun Asanai aged 31, was also arrested and later transferred to Pattaya Police Station. A report of the raid will be sent to the District Licensing Unit who will decide if any further action should be taken.

Connections

Connections are helpful anywhere but as Mardhi says I think who you know is much more important in Thailand than in the West.

For example both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama came from very humble backgrounds (Dubya did not).

I get the impression the social class system is rigid in Thailand. Hard work, smarts, drive, and ambition without connections has its limits in the LOS.

I'd be more likely to visit this place because they are/were open till 4, not for showing genitalia!

hell, you can see that anywhere.....

This random urine test conundrum has been popping up more and more lately, even where I live way down south. They pull over people and make 'em pee in a cup and if you show positive for *anything*, time to pay up! And as always they have the right to drain your pockets and search down your drawers, etc....

One of the things I miss about the states; probable cause laws!