Bars Closed On Saturday February 11th

Pdoggg

Bars won't be serving booze and most bars will be closed on Macka Bucka Day which this year falls on Saturday, February 11th.

The date is lunar based and Full Moon parties are being moved to Sunday, February 12th.

Since Macka Bucka falls on a weekend, Monday, February is a public holiday with Immigration and banks closed but FX booths will remain open.

Tuesday, February 14th is Valentine's Day.  Perhaps some of you have your Valentine Girl picked out?

PHUKET: The commander of the Phuket Provincial Police, Maj Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen, has called for all vendors of alcohol across the island to observe the ban on the sale of alcohol for the Buddhist holiday Makha Bucha on Saturday (Feb 11).

The ban, instituted by law, will be in effect from midnight Friday night through to midnight Saturday night, Gen Teeraphol confirmed.

https://www.thailandnews.co/2017/02/phuket-police-confirm-alcohol-ban-makha-bucha-holiday/

Bars are always closed on Makha Bucha day (or not serving alcohol). And for those that are in country now there is some chance that many bars will close tonight at midnight but some will remain open. Might depend on police/military presence. Last year the GoGos on LK Metro went dark outside at midnight but some stayed open. Also some bars will choose to open at midnight on the 11th (actually I guess midnight is really the 0000 the 12th). As it's just for the 24 hours of the 11th for the closure.

http://boomboomme.com/resources/holidays/thailand/

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

For Lent I'm giving up worrying about things I have no control over; well, I'll try anyway. (The general said last Friday night in his weekly speech that today (Sunday) is "No Alcohol Day", but if you can't stop, then you should try to cut down) - so I guess if I try to stop worrying, then that's okay too.

I've become very cynical in my old age - maybe I should try to stop that too.

• Upvote 2

cobber, I wish I could do that. Last March I was laying in bed at the Penthouse hotel with a 34 year old gg on my left and a 28 year gg to my right and I was worried about my bosses visit to my building while I was gone. I am my enemy when  it comes to stress.

• Upvote 1