The Land of Illusion...

bumblebee

"I toured around Central and South America for seven months and they mistakenly thought guys who procured girls were pimps; girls who sold them selves were whores and gentlemen who purchased their services were Johns? So refreshing to be back in the Land of Illusions where pimps are our best friends; whores are our girl friends and we johns are their boyfriends."

This quote from another thread gave me a chuckle as it spells out what some/many feel is really happening in the p4p scene in Los and elsewhere in SE Asia no matter how much some try to dress it up and delude themselves it's different . I reckon some bar owners cringe/ fume/lose the plot anytime this subject is mentioned and will come up with all sorts of verbal contortions to justify why it's not so and perhaps they are correct. So what say the rest of you. Is what happens in Los really any different to how it works in other parts of the world or should we call a spade a spade?

• Upvote 5

Can of worms this one BB, and a fine line whether paying for sex with a hooker verses marriage and paying at the end on divorce etc etc.

Hookers, pimps, Johns all the same the world over me thinks no matter how you dress it up or operate.

I've had some of my best times and experiences under an illusion, whether I knew it or not at the time.

Thank Buddha for poor good looking chicks

• Upvote 3

The rich, the powerful, and the attractive, get to fuck anything they want and the rest of us just get on with our dreary, working-class lives.  That's the illusion we're all supposed to live in.  

Best thing I ever did was shatter that illusion.

Good on you Sir!!!!

Sorry for being cynical but, I thought a big part of the draw of Thailand was precisely the illusion. Where else can fat, middle age, single, lonely dudes go and shag hot babes for bargain basement prices, in a friendly environment, who actually make an effort at pretending they like them?

• Upvote 3

Sorry for being cynical but, I thought a big part of the draw of Thailand was precisely the illusion. Where else can fat, middle age, single, lonely dudes go and shag hot babes for bargain basement prices, in a friendly environment, who actually make an effort at pretending they like them?

Ahhh come on Strocube, are you trying to say that when the late teen, early twenties, hot and fit as fook sexy ladies tell us we are handsome and sexy man, that they are telling porkies*?????

*Porkies  - Pork Pies, Cockney ryhmeing slang for "lies"

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...