How Do You Handle Walking Street Touts

Pdoggg

I find it quite annoying when people trying to sell me something block my physical space.  Walking Street advertising ping pong shows will put their menu in front of me blocking my path.  It's easy to let this type of thing bother you especially when it hppens dozens of times.  So it's understandable if a guy doesn't want to give any ground and walks right through their menu of services not yielding an inch.

But I think it's really better to just smile and say "mai ow krap" and you will often get a smile back from these guys.

So what do you guys do when your space is invaded?

Here's how one guy handled the touts and if you click on the link you can see videos.

The clip was filmed on 26th June, just before 11pm, and shows only a small part of the altercation where the man, identified as Mr. Thomas Moody aged 27, who works for a private security firm in Iran, is knocked to the ground and appears to be have been rendered unconscious for a time.

The clip appeared on a popular Thai Facebook page called “YouLike” and prompted local journalists to delve deeper into the case to see what happened before the clip was recorded.

CCTV from the area was obtained and it was confirmed the altercation occurred at the front of Soi 15 on Walking Street. Mr. Moody appears to have been staggering along the street and collided with a Thai man, who we have identified as one of the many men and women who work on the street and try and persuade people to visit local bars which have explicit shows.

After the collision, words were exchanged between the Thai man and Mr. Moody, who turned back and approached the Thai man, which led to a physical confrontation involving other Thai men who joined the fight.

Despite Mr. Moody reporting the incident to Police, no arrests have been made. Mr. Moody, who admitted being drunk on the night of the incident, suffered a broken eye socket which requires surgery as the Thai man who initially struck him continues to work on Walking Street.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/202062/another-pattaya-facebook-clip-showing-assault-involving-british-man-emerges/

i usually do not go to pattaya but in Bkk, and recently in Phuket never had a problem...i generally smile and say no ( a "niet" would work better...)

I do not know why.... but they always see me in company of a lb....so they never insist that much to let me in......