the no Google song lyric trivia thread

Here's one:

"Sold me out for a few shekels and divided up my robes...

----  ----  --  ---

It's the oldest story that's ever been told...

----  ----  --  ---

Didn't even give it no shred of doubt, no, no...

----  ----  --  ---

Didn't even sit down and try to figure it out...

----  ----  --  ---...."

Here's one:

"Sold me out for a few shekels and divided up my robes...

----  ----  --  ---

It's the oldest story that's ever been told...

----  ----  --  ---

Didn't even give it no shred of doubt, no, no...

----  ----  --  ---

Didn't even sit down and try to figure it out...

----  ----  --  ---...."

"They Sold Me Out" 

Van Morrison

Was this written about Janis? Apparently that was one of his more famous conquests at The Chelsea & I seem to recall an interview with him that he felt bad about the encounter or the publicity he didn't discourage about it. Maybe it was this song?

On a sidebar I just watched a short program about the Greek island Hydra some time ago & it was mentioned that Leonard still owns a house there since the late'50s & if I understood correctly it is occupied by his former wife.... Suzanne. Where have I heard that name...

On a sidebar I just watched a short program about the Greek island Hydra some time ago & it was mentioned that Leonard still owns a house there since the late'50s & if I understood correctly it is occupied by his former wife.... Suzanne. Where have I heard that name..

Had holiday on Hydra with GF in the late 70's. Fairly barren island. Water has to be brought in from the mainland, stony beaches, Policeman ordered (waving gun) girls to cover their (naked) breasts up whilst trying to sunbathe on the craggy rocks. Overrun by cats. Counted about 50 round the tables in cafe.

In later years it became very trendy place. Believe Jagger also had house there for a while. Sort of place "Laughing Len" would love. !

• Upvote 1

Was this written about Janis? Apparently that was one of his more famous conquests at The Chelsea & I seem to recall an interview with him that he felt bad about the encounter or the publicity he didn't discourage about it. Maybe it was this song?

On a sidebar I just watched a short program about the Greek island Hydra some time ago & it was mentioned that Leonard still owns a house there since the late'50s & if I understood correctly it is occupied by his former wife.... Suzanne. Where have I heard that name...

yes,written about janis joplin......so long marianne was about marianne faithfull apparently.....he fucked his fair shsre did our Len....

hows about this one

e" I can take about an hour on the tower of power,as long as i get me a little golden shower"......this song is actually playedon the radio in germany where this amrican artist is played a lot.....

First heard this (if I'm right) on the Greek Island of Ios long time ago. I'd chummed up with an Irish guy - long ginger hair and beard - plus glass eye. Music came on and seems he spotted two guys dancing together. He turns to me and says - "Oi tink we're in a Fairies Parlour" It was ages before I heard the full record. Frank Zappa - Bobby Brown,. ?

First heard this (if I'm right) on the Greek Island of Ios long time ago. I'd chummed up with an Irish guy - long ginger hair and beard - plus glass eye. Music came on and seems he spotted two guys dancing together. He turns to me and says - "Oi tink we're in a Fairies Parlour" It was ages before I heard the full record. Frank Zappa - Bobby Brown,. ?

correctamundo mr quinn btw...anyone know what the "tower of power " is?....it sounds like one of those s&m contraptions.....

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...