Bar Owners & Ladyboys: Same same but....

bumblebee

Both want your hard earned, and fair enough it's business.  Both will mostly say all the right things to make you part with it.  Yet while most guys know that the ladyboys are playing them for their cash, are the bar owners viewed the same way or do we feel we have a special connection with them, they are on our side, looking out for us, different in some way from the rest of their staff?

Interesting point BB. The Bar is a business and these days unhappy customers post their feelings on social media.

It's easier for the owner to solve the problem for the customer than to defend the bar on the internet.

Customer feedback empowers the little man.

With a bit of luck the bar owner will give him a voucher for a free short time.

I think some bar owners are looking out for us while others couldn't give a rats ass.

Those who do look out for us could be taking a long term view of things.

But I think there's more to it than that. Some bar owners take great satisfaction in providing a great atmosphere

And having happy customers.

• Upvote 2

I think some bar owners are looking out for us while others couldn't give a rats ass.

Those who do look out for us could be taking a long term view of things.

But I think there's more to it than that. Some bar owners take great satisfaction in providing a great atmosphere

And having happy customers.

I would agree with you on all points PD, 

However,  owners that post on a forum/s asking BM's to boycott another bar/s and slag them off (at almost every opportunity) is going a little bit below the belt imho,  after all its the girls livelihood too

• Upvote 1

Interesting point BB. The Bar is a business and these days unhappy customers post their feelings on social media.

It's easier for the owner to solve the problem for the customer than to defend the bar on the internet.

Yea one of the last things a bar wants is an online slagging match with a disgruntled customer for the world to see.  Great reading for those not directly involved mind.

The longer I stay in Thailand, the less I go to the bars. Yeah, I still like to carouse and just knowing that I can go to a bar is a good feeling.

When I do go to a bar now its more to BS with other punters and simply enjoy myself. If I hook up with a GG or LB that we share some mutual chemistry, then its a bonus :)

I'm finding that I now frequent the GG bars more. GGs are less aggressive (Usually, 555!) and a bit more coy about ladydrinks. Some of the bars that have the token or two LBs can be fun, I find the LBs in those bars to be a tad sweeter and fewer problems.

My personal experience with LB only bars (No GGs in the bar) is that the owners love to hear good reports, but usually blame the punter if any problems arise. No problema, they are in business to make money after all, so I just quietly vote with my feet and don't return :)

Just my take and of course not every one will agree and that's cool.

In Thailand we can often have our cake and eat it too :)

• Upvote 5

Some of the bars that have the token or two LBs can be fun, I find the LBs in those bars to be a tad sweeter and fewer problems.

I agree Lance.

Ladyboys who work in mostly GG bars tend to just want to quietly fit in like a lady and not have to navigate bar politics.

Living here, time is on our side, and we can discover these hidden jewels.

• Upvote 1

I'd wager that most bars owners don't give a rat's ass about customers.  They have  been around long enough to know that all you represent is a wallet. You're here for two weeks and gone and there is another wallet on its's way in...

Unless I am missing something, I don't see any owners/managers/friends the bar posting on this forum any longer...Maybe they have discovered that it is easier to ignore negative comments and simply let them die.......

And they surely know that most of the conflicts between the girls and the customers are caused by the customers and not by the girl...It is either something lost in translation or the customer being and acting stupid...But of course, I never did that.........

And that includes stealing stuff...If a customer is stupid enough to leave valuables open for the taking by a bar girl they have know for an hour, it ain't the bar girl's fault if her fingers get sticky and the stuff goes missing...It is just the result of being stupid...

PD hit the nail...If a bar owner/manager wants to show/feign concern for us, he/she will do their level best to make the bar experience a good experience...They don't have to kiss our collective asses and solve all our collective problems, simply a comfortable bar and treat us with respect and we well open our collective wallets...

• Upvote 3

Guest JustSumGai

how bout when the main cashier gives you change for a 500 when you GAVE her a 1000?

That's one bar I'll never go near again.  I was advised *I* had screwed up by not holding it up and proclaiming ONE THOUSAND.  I agree with the big K on them not giving a rat's ass. And also the comment about if there's a problem it's the customers fault. This is just bullshit way too many times.

Generally I see a long line of hands out when I think of going to a bar to pull one. The bar, the ladyboy, the food stalls on the way to the shortime, the Family mart for condoms or whatever she seems to have to have but ain't GOT...

i keep meaning to get some t shirts made up with a bulls eye front and back.

• Upvote 1

Most bar owners quietly back their own staff over customers with few exceptions.

Something about that never ending stream of punters coming down the line. What's to worry about. Even in the much smaller LB world they just don't care. Somehow the feeling is rather mutual. I'm not in a bar for the benefit of the bar owner.

• Upvote 3

I always thought Michael the previous owner of Corner Bar was a pretty descent guy. Great to chat with and he seemed to genuinely care about his clientele. 

By the way Aun's birthday is June 19th. Last I saw her she was working at Fantasy. If you see here on Thursday wish her a happy birthday. Some good times with her and Ning at Corner Bar. 

Unless I am missing something, I don't see any owners/managers/friends the bar posting on this forum any longer...Maybe they have discovered that it is easier to ignore negative comments and simply let them die.......

We have a thread on that very subject here Big K which perhaps you have not seen yet.

I always thought Michael the previous owner of Corner Bar was a pretty descent guy. Great to chat with and he seemed to genuinely care about his clientele. 

Michael was/is a good guy Sam...You can still chat with him if you want...He is around the Facebook type stuff...

But in my view he only cared about us because we were wallets...And not his primary wallets at that...We were the secondary kinda wallet...True sometimes we would bring a large crowd into his bar and run up a nice tab but how many boys from his bar did we ever take home?  How many times did you barfine Aun or Ning?   I spent a lot of time at Corner Bar with  my live-in ladyboy...It was a comfort zone for her...

Michael ran a very comfortable bar and he was a great host and we were all treated with respect...He was in your eye when you were there, but when you weren't, I'd wager that you weren't even a thought.  Recall how quick he was to change his menu to the majority wallet rule - remember crabby fries...how tasty while they were available.......But only us Yanks brothers liked them, so why bother..........

He was and still is a very nice person...But above all he was a good business person... He knew how to make the bar successful...He knew how to make a buck when the Sun (ee) was shinning.....

• Upvote 1

But in my view he only cared about us because we were wallets...And not his primary wallets at that...We were the secondary kinda wallet...True sometimes we would bring a large crowd into his bar and run up a nice tab but how many boys from his bar did we ever take home? How many times did you barfine Aun or Ning?

I barfined Ning for 5 nights on the trot, such a sweet boy girl and "Oh my Buddha" what a sweet little "paperboy ass" she had too :happy0065:

She was my nurse for a few days too after I got hit by a big Pick Up truck on Pattaya Tai, bless her :man_in_love:

post-136-0-33626100-1403015851_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

I would agree with you on all points PD, 

However,  owners that post on a forum/s asking BM's to boycott another bar/s and slag them off (at almost every opportunity) is going a little bit below the belt imho,  after all its the girls livelihood too

Good question Dave. looking forward to your renowned BKK insight.  so which girls suffered?  you know, warts and all ? 

I know already but maybe you have a different view living in Manchester to me in Thailand.  Really looking forward to your insight to what I have missed.......

I barfined Ning for 5 nights on the trot, such a sweet boy girl and "Oh my Buddha" what a sweet little "paperboy ass" she had too :happy0065:

Yeah, I fucked her when she was still a guy: hairy armpits and tartan boxer shorts.  Cute as a button though.

• Upvote 1

Good question Dave. looking forward to your renowned BKK insight.  so which girls suffered?  you know, warts and all ? 

I know already but maybe you have a different view living in Manchester to me in Thailand.  Really looking forward to your insight to what I have missed.......

I guarantee this will go down as a Daveduke unanswered question.....

She was my nurse for a few days too after I got hit by a big Pick Up truck on Pattaya Tai, bless her :man_in_love:

Yes you did and yes she does.  My apologies Big D........I am old......I forgot.....

And please tell Sam once a year don't count...........

Yeah, I fucked her when she was still a guy: hairy armpits and tartan boxer shorts.  Cute as a button though.

I remember when she first began working at Corner too...She defo was not a lady...She was a real live femboy.....   

I suppose we should thank Aun for helping with the transition...........It was fun to watch.......

I guarantee this will go down as a Daveduke unanswered question.....

So are you going to deny posting urging BM's to boycott the Guess Bar and copying and pasting other peoples posts and posting them yourself on a different forum to discredit the Guess Bar????

A simple Yes or No will do and we will leave it at that, is that a good enough guarantee for you? :drinks:

Btw I ain't trying to malign or discredit any bar owner of any Thai bar...They are all taking a great risk and assuming a lot of hard work...

And that especially goes for Crabbie and Thomas his partner...Corner Bar was an especially good bar...........