Minor Irritants

You know, I nearly wrote, "But it could have very easily been Stigfellow's Pattaya", because I've heard that statement... And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest... In fact I'd be surprised if he didn't!

I don't know if you were ofay with the Hawkwind version of Motorhead? Most people are only aware of the later Motorhead version... But what did you think of it? I fuckin' love it!!! More folksy, stings & Woodwind going in the background, not to 'heavy', I think it's superb & it knocks spots off the cover version.

Anyway, just listen to his comment at the end of this little collaboration with Dee Dee Ramone

Agreed Lung-I much prefer the hawkwind version-just played em both back to back.....to be honest-i forgot how good hawkwind were...!

As did Primal Scream recently , actually I quite like this one

I loved this version !.. Fucking brilliant!

Form the good to the ....em different :rolleyes: The godfathers of Oi the good old Cockney Rejects did a cover in the early 80s

JimSlim, The Cockney Rejects were one of my favorite bands, although I have to admit that I never saw anything other than novelty value in this cover version, but I know what you mean... Has you say, it's em' different)? Anyway, I loved them along with The Members (my favs), The UK Subs (Jai Dee's favs, believe it or not) & The Ruts, I just loved that whole post Punk lads scene!

They were one of John Peels favorite bands & I loved them too! In spite of the fact that were the adopted band & friends of the 'ICF', West Ham's illigal supporters club who were the direct 'Cockney' (East End of london) rivals of 'us' 'Millwall Pikies' (South East, London), just accross the other bank of the Thames.

Anyway, this leads me perfectly into my next post & response to Willy's question regarding 'Purley Kings & Queens' & provides a backdrop for why I HATE MY OWN FUCKING CULTURE!..The vids will be offensive to some... And I do make my appologies for that in advance, I'm not here to offend people, but I do want to paint a picture... I also think this has a relevence to the 'Vancover Riots' thread (afterall it's a British disease the world now seems to have caught). Just look at the cars & the way the hooligan wankers dressed in the 'Wars on the Terraces' vid, that's the early eighties. I've posted the 'Oi Oi Oi' before, but I'll do it again just for the sheer hell of it!

BTY, major irritation no:1896659.. Football hooligans!

My rant is why do every thread on this forum end up talking about fucking music?

Hell of a rant Katoeylover!

Thanks for your input & especially for you here's that here's a sunny walk down memory lane with this well known popular music hit from the 60's, 'Silence is Golden' by the Tremelos :p

55555-seriously what's all that pearly king and queen thing about...I'd happily hunt down and kill any silly cunt wearing that gear....now,pearly necklaces,theyre a different matter.

I really didn't want to answer this one Willy, but here we go...

They're just pitifully stupid, ignorant, people who fink' we all love a lovely ole' knees up whilst eating pie n' mash covered in green pukie liquor & listening to poxy old fucking Chas n' Dave albums. Do you know that these arseholes actually think that they are the figure heads for woking class London culture...FUCK!!!

I'm all for colourful, eccentric, traditions, Morris Dancers (I'd like to be one), Druids, The Man in the Green, you name it, but these cunts! It goes way beyond the realms of embarrasment & into the teritory of humiliation for me. In spite of my background I'm just not prepared to say that these are my peolple Willy!

Anyway, it all started between the mid to late 19th Century, so think of Dickension London & the hordes of street Traders (Costermongers);gobby oiks' shouting over eachother, selling the stolen wares from the docks, exotic fruits, "bannanas only a shilling a dozen sir"! they'd cry, all that old fuckin' tosh... It's how we all started being known as 'barrow boys'.

Well, these Costermongers used get kids to collect the smoked peal buttons that had fallen from the clothes of the wealthy from the streets at the end of the day & then they'd sow them into the pipped seams of their trousers & the sleves of their jackets & sometimes also on to the pipping of their waistcoats & caps too. And he more pearls you had, the higher your status, these buttons had a value.

In the end it became a competition & the 'Smother coat' was born, completely covered in the symbols made from smoked pearls: Horseshoe = Luck, Doves = Peace, Heart = Charity, Anchor = Hope, Cross = Faith, Wheel = Circle of Life, Playing Cards = Life is a gamble.

And these are the very same symbols that you see in prisons tattooed into many of the inmates flesh! Most of this lot were no strangers to the debtors jail or worse, basically they were scum & the 'Bobby Peelers' the very first police anywhere in the world really had their work cut out with this lot! London was the worst city in the world for crime at the time & that's where 'Cockney Rhyming Slang' comes from (BTW, S = Secret, Lang = Language = Slang), it was the way that the divvie Costermongers thought that they were keeping one step ahead of the 'Bobbys'!

Eventually they'd move on to going out in groups collecting for the local orphanages & other charities (trying to clean their thievery up a bit) & nowdays they are closely connected to the churches of their parishes.

Here's a lovely example of how far down the evolutionary ladder these sad fuckkers are... This was a favorite 'Pearly' song from yesteryear... Enjoy

My Father's A Lavatory Cleaner

(Sung to the tune of My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean)

My father's a lavatory cleaner

He works both by day and by night

And when he comes home in the evening

He's covered all over in Shite

Up your buttons with Brasso

Its only three apence a tin

You can buy it or nick it from Woolworths

But I doubt if they'll have any in

Some say that he died of a fever

Some say that he died of a fit

But I know what my father died of

He died of the smell of the Shite

Some say that he's buried in a graveyard

Some say that he's buried in a pit

But I know where my father is buried

He's buried in six feet of Shite

But I doubt if they'll have any in.

I FUCKING HATE THESE WONDERFUL AMBASSADORS OF OURS A LOT MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE WILLY!

Right, job done, I'm off to play, "me' ole' lumboggie". :hi:

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I really didn't want to answer this one Willy, but here we go...

They're just pitifully stupid, ignorant, people who fink' we all love a lovely ole' knees up whilst eating pie n' mash covered in green pukie liquor & listening to poxy old fucking Chas n' Dave albums. Do you know that these arseholes actually think that they are the figure heads for woking class London culture...FUCK!!!

I'm all for colourful, eccentric, traditions, Morris Dancers (I'd like to be one), Druids, The Man in the Green, you name it, but these cunts! It goes way beyond the realms of embarrasment & into the teritory of humiliation for me. In spite of my background I'm just not prepared to say that these are my peolple Willy!

Anyway, it all started between the mid to late 19th Century, so think of Dickension London & the hordes of street Traders (Costermongers);gobby oiks' shouting over eachother, selling the stolen wares from the docks, exotic fruits, "bannanas only a shilling a dozen sir"! they'd cry, all that old fuckin' tosh... It's how we all started being known as 'barrow boys'.

Well, these Costermongers used get kids to collect the smoked peal buttons that had fallen from the clothes of the wealthy from the streets at the end of the day & then they'd sow them into the pipped seams of their trousers & the sleves of their jackets & sometimes also on to the pipping of their waistcoats & caps too. And he more pearls you had, the higher your status, these buttons had a value.

In the end it became a competition & the 'Smother coat' was born, completely covered in the symbols made from smoked pearls: Horseshoe = Luck, Doves = Peace, Heart = Charity, Anchor = Hope, Cross = Faith, Wheel = Circle of Life, Playing Cards = Life is a gamble.

And these are the very same symbols that you see in prisons tattooed into many of the inmates flesh! Most of this lot were no strangers to the debtors jail or worse, basically they were scum & the 'Bobby Peelers' the very first police anywhere in the world really had their work cut out with this lot! London was the worst city in the world for crime at the time & that's where 'Cockney Rhyming Slang' comes from (BTW, S = Secret, Lang = Language = Slang), it was the way that the divvie Costermongers thought that they were keeping one step ahead of the 'Bobbys'!

Eventually they'd move on to going out in groups collecting for the local orphanages & other charities (trying to clean their thievery up a bit) & nowdays they are closely connected to the churches of their parishes.

Here's a lovely example of how far down the evolutionary ladder these sad fuckkers are... This was a favorite 'Pearly' song from yesteryear... Enjoy

My Father's A Lavatory Cleaner

(Sung to the tune of My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean)

My father's a lavatory cleaner

He works both by day and by night

And when he comes home in the evening

He's covered all over in Shite

Some say that he died of a fever

Some say that he died of a fit

But I know what my father died of

He died of the smell of the Shite

Some say that he's buried in a graveyard

Some say that he's buried in a pit

But I know where my father is buried

He's buried in six feet of Shite

But I doubt if they'll have any in.

I FUCKING HATE THESE WONDERFUL AMBASSADORS OF OURS A LOT MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE WILLY!

Right, job done, I'm off to play, "me' ole' lumboggie". :hi:

Great reply Lung....informative and witty.....I always suspected those pearly kings and queens would be an embarrassment to any genuine Londoner.Ive never seen one in the flesh (thank god) but occasionally there is a spate of them appearing on the tv,Bruce feckin Forsyth always had them on his shows...Ive heard them singing that song also,obviously substituting the word shite for shine......

Terry Venables ....another fraud of the highest order

Max fuckin Clifford.....why has nobody shot him yet?

Mike and Bernie Winters....how did they ever get a gig?

Freddie "parrot face" Davies......remember that imposter? God I love a minor rant...

• 2 months later...

Yep, all those additional charges Air Asia bury out-of-sight when you're booking online are a right royal pain in the arse.

Still, they've got some nice looking birds as flight attendants. Gives you something to look at during your flight while you're contemplating whether or not to pay well over the odds for a piss-poor cup of coffee and a tepid bowl of noodles.

• 4 years later...
On 6/14/2011 at 7:00 AM, dixon cox said:

Restaurants, waiters/waitresses who:

- stand and wait next to me while I'm looking at the exterior menu before deciding whether to enter.

- stand nearby and watch me eat each and every mouthful.

- are unavailable when I want to check-bin.

I'm back in Phnom Penh and almost impossible to peruse a menu without the standing girl next to me.  When they stand up, I motion for them to stay away. When they refused, I  used to just walk away. Now, I'll say, I am not going to eat now; I m just looking and they'll still stand there.  I'm getting used to it.

What irritates me, and this seems to happen all over the world, is that businesses just refuse to list their cross street. A street address such as 79B Street 154 is almost useless to me.  Is it that tough to say something such as Street 154 between Street 15 and Street 19 so I can find the joint?