Pattaya Very Old Pics

pdogg

Guest sustra

very nice, really nice...i do not know if it is better now, but from this documentary..... girls were looking hot even 40 years ago...

Really terrific video Mr. Dogg. Wow. I wish I had been part of it then for sure. Is it better now rather than then? Hmmm, hard to say. It is relative. Not sure. I am happy to have experienced it in the last 5 years or so but man oh man given my vintage I would have be knocked out to have experience it back then. So wonderful and so innocent. But like all things past it's fleeting. 

Thanks for this.

Guest JustSumGai

Obviously unless you are a tourist, it was better then. I'd say 70s into 80s judging by the pics.  I mean imagine waking up and wandering thru all that green to the beach. Now you run a gauntlet. It's packed. And yeah, raptors.  Tourist high prices., you know.  Noise traffic, not being able to walk on half the sidewalks. For this I'd rather be in NYC I think.  Actual real pizza for one thing. Much prettier water back then too. Eh, it's an industry now. At some point, I think maybe now, it'll be overbuilt and start a slow slide into the dumper then the big tourist numbers will slow down. Might be their next wave is catering to Russians that have invaded and bought condos.  Now inland from the water was yeah, kinda wasted use land. Be nice if they moved the whole mess BACK about a half a mile or so and restored the green belt.

I would point out that at one time Atlantic City was a WONDERFUL place. 

• Upvote 2

Wow... Paradise Lost. Seems like it was a pretty cool neighborhood for a while.

Seeing the shots of the navy ships intercut with the signs for Swiss makes me wonder about when & how a US military r&r spot transitioned to a largely European clientele.

• 3 weeks later...

Was it better then or now?

Pretty much everything was better in Thailand before we farangs came to fuck it all up  LOL........with that said,  there are still hundreds of fishing villages all over Thailand which look like Pattaya did in 1960; if people want those, they can find 'em.  If they want fun and nightlife,  they can also have that in abunbdance in Pattaya and Phuket.

• Upvote 1

Wow... Paradise Lost. Seems like it was a pretty cool neighborhood for a while.

Seeing the shots of the navy ships intercut with the signs for Swiss makes me wonder about when & how a US military r&r spot transitioned to a largely European clientele.

The Germans built the first hotels Ocean View Hotel and Nova Lodge around 1974 as far as i know. The Ocean View was the best hotel in Pattaya (IMO) until the owner , Lothar , went bust in 92. The Germans used to be more than 50% of tourists in Pattaya in the 80s 

• Upvote 2