Oscars

pdogg

Will Smith is a punk. All Americans know...especially black Americans that you have to be able to take jokes. It's just words. And especially if it's creative and not just an insult but something that has some thought in it, it's just busting balls. Or as Brits call it, taking the piss. Even mafia guys and hardcore gang members have this culture. Anyone who caves into showing their pissed and uses violence loses. Will Smith is a punk.

• Like 2

Violence is not recommended and no one can agree with Will Smith's smacking CR's face BUT, CR deserved to be smacked though. 

1 a humorist should perform his humor in a subtle way. I don't think that was. 

2 if he wants to crack jokes on someone else, he should remember the limit that is not to offend anyone strightfully as he did. 

3 words can hurt more than violence. Laughing at a lady's disease that made her lost her hair in other words a strong element of her feminity could only make her feel bad. 

So Will Smith reply was predictable.

I like American people and their sense of liberty and freedom but I wish their culture wouldn't accept that words that hurt are nothing compared to violence. Both guys are responsible for this demonstration of violence. 
I grew up in a human environment in which people wouldn't accept intentional offense and would react violently. It's not only a reaction of gang members of mafia guys. It's more typical of "mediterranean" people. Many American/English people know about offenses but still believe they can offend anyone and that it won't be considered as violence. They shouldn't. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Violence is not recommended and no one can agree with Will Smith's smacking CR's face BUT, CR deserved to be smacked though. 

1 a humorist should perform his humor in a subtle way. I don't think that was. 

2 if he wants to crack jokes on someone else, he should remember the limit that is not to offend anyone strightfully as he did. 

3 words can hurt more than violence. Laughing at a lady's disease that made her lost her hair in other words a strong element of her feminity could only make her feel bad. 

So Will Smith reply was predictable.

I like American people and their sense of liberty and freedom but I wish their culture wouldn't accept that words that hurt are nothing compared to violence. Both guys are responsible for this demonstration of violence. 
I grew up in a human environment in which people wouldn't accept intentional offense and would react violently. It's not only a reaction of gang members of mafia guys. It's more typical of "mediterranean" people. Many American/English people know about offenses but still believe they can offend anyone and that it won't be considered as violence. They shouldn't. 

I think this is related to sophistication and enlightenment. I can understand old culture ways of getting offended and resorting to violence but let me give you the New York perspective.

Words are words. And people should have enough self control to control their emotional reaction to them, especially when said in fun.

And violence is not an answer to being offended by words.

I'm not judging cultures that get offended by words and sometimes react to them violently....but just because people behave like that in certain cultures doesn't make it right. I think, and I don't want to offend anyone, it's a lower level of consiousness. But again.... please don't smack me because it doesn't feel comfortable with what I said.

i remember reading a Robert Heinlien book where he posited, we laugh .....because it hurts.

The entire art of comedy and laughter is based on Laughing because their is a painful element to the joke. 

every single joke has someone who can be offended or hurt by it and if hurt was the standard then there would be zero comedy in the world..... except for some knock knock jokes. Should Trump go and smack people because he got hurt by all the jokes about him? what if a woman said the joke? is it ok for Smith to smack the woman?

by the way.... the jokes Rock makes are so deep..... actually Jada is rumored to be a lesbian and it's thought Will, who is rumored to be Gay, is with her as a marriage of convenience. So there was an underlying lesbian joke there too. Fucking hilarious.

Also in 2016 Rock made another Jada joke. She was boycotting the Oscar's bc of a lack of black winners. Rock said ”Jada boycotting the Oscar's is like me boycotting Rihanna”s panties..... I wasn't invited in the first place!”

Comedy is his art and violence against artists is never acceptable, IMHO.

• Like 2
On 3/31/2022 at 11:55 AM, The-Sith said:

I think this is related to sophistication and enlightenment. I can understand old culture ways of getting offended and resorting to violence but let me give you the New York perspective.

Words are words. And people should have enough self control to control their emotional reaction to them, especially when said in fun.

And violence is not an answer to being offended by words.

I'm not judging cultures that get offended by words and sometimes react to them violently....but just because people behave like that in certain cultures doesn't make it right. I think, and I don't want to offend anyone, it's a lower level of consiousness. But again.... please don't smack me because it doesn't feel comfortable with what I said.

i remember reading a Robert Heinlien book where he posited, we laugh .....because it hurts.

The entire art of comedy and laughter is based on Laughing because their is a painful element to the joke. 

every single joke has someone who can be offended or hurt by it and if hurt was the standard then there would be zero comedy in the world..... except for some knock knock jokes. Should Trump go and smack people because he got hurt by all the jokes about him? what if a woman said the joke? is it ok for Smith to smack the woman?

by the way.... the jokes Rock makes are so deep..... actually Jada is rumored to be a lesbian and it's thought Will, who is rumored to be Gay, is with her as a marriage of convenience. So there was an underlying lesbian joke there too. Fucking hilarious.

Also in 2016 Rock made another Jada joke. She was boycotting the Oscar's bc of a lack of black winners. Rock said ”Jada boycotting the Oscar's is like me boycotting Rihanna”s panties..... I wasn't invited in the first place!”

Comedy is his art and violence against artists is never acceptable, IMHO.

Of course, Will Smith should have gotten up and quitted the theatre without smacking CR. He could have screamed "keep my wife's name out of your fucking mouth" before he left too. 

But, I'm afraid that bad jokes are not jokes. Nothing to do with jokes to criticize Trump. I find it ugly to laugh at someone's disease or handicap. I'm also careful about insults preceding violence. I learnt little by little to reply to bad jokes with bad jokes if I can, or to threats by threats but the amount of stress is violent too. 

CR was still standing after he got smacked and worse, prices to see his show increased. What a shame. 

• Like 2