Name that country

JaiDee

Oh come on JaiDee, which country? You should be asking which town...         :hi:

We all know it's Italy, as for the town it might be Positano. But it can't be because the road goes around by the water there & there's no road visible. Hmm, I will think about it, I've seen that yellow cathedral before. 

Guest sustra

it is Amalfi, Amalfi is a town...so the name was implicit....Behind that church there is a restaurant called "Le Caravelle" known as one of the best restaurant in Italy.

very famous is a liquor called Limoncello from Amalfi and Sorrento...i do it myself...buy some lemons from Amalfi or Sorrento ( well...easy for me..i am italian ) ...peel them and leave the skin inside alchool for 1 month....then simply add sugar and a little bit of boiling water....serve chilled!!!!!!!!!! and the joke is done!

• Upvote 1

it is Amalfi, Amalfi is a town...so the name was implicit....Behind that church there is a restaurant called "Le Caravelle" known as one of the best restaurant in Italy.

I was going to say Amalfi. Honest I was. I have walked near that church. But I didn't know about Le Caravelle, we ate at a typical trattoria which from memory was neither good nor bad. A few glasses of vino da casa & they are all good. God I love the Amalfi!

Same as at Quiz night, sometime you have to throw some out there which are easy!

Understood. And how many times does an easy question at a quiz night catch you out? I am always expecting a catch, surely they can't be asking something so simple so I overthink it & go for a different answer. It works sometimes. 

Guest sustra

Is Montenegro a country now? And do I have to distinguish between it & the Greek Montenegro? I don't want to inflame any sensibilities!

yes, it is....before was Serbia and Montenegro but after a referendum became a state.

• Upvote 1