Lifetime Bar Fine: Buying an LB out of a Bar.

bumblebee

From time to time over the years we all hear of guys who get involved with an LB in a bar and things start to get serious.  Next thing you know he has paid X sum of money to release her from her employment there. 

It always struck me as strange, as in what other job do you pay the boss for one of the staff to leave, unheard of.  Yet it's standard practice in Los if the stories are to be believed.

Now I can understand a Thai bar owner trying to pull a fast one on some love struck farang, but I guess some Western bar owners must do it also and put it down to local business practice. 

Just curious what your take is on this earner for the bars.

Just curious what your take is on this earner for the bars.

Thats just what it is ... an earner for the bars. Anyone working a business in Thailand will try to maximize there income which is fair enough.

But this 'fee' ... well a fool and his money .... 8P

• Upvote 1

The first I heard of this was from a friend in Bangkok who presented it as a "lifetime bar fine".  As I recall it was 10K baht and I think the barfine at Nana was 600 baht. 

He would take this ladyboy a few times a week, so thought it was a pretty good deal.

I reckon that most ladyboys who get taken out of a bar, are "special girls" or some might use the term superstar.  From a barowner's perspective, I guess their feeling is they facilitated this meeting and should get some sort of finders fee for their best girl.  This was especially true a number of years ago before ladyboys all had smart phones and the proliferation of dating sites when it was not as easy to meet ladyboys other than in bars.

My guess is the Ladyboy gets some cut from this in most bars as an inducement to not just quit.  I would also imagine that in most bars if a ladyboy quit in he middle of the month to take off with a customer she met at their bar, she wouldn't receive her salary and ladydrink money for that month which is understandable.

I paid a well known bar owner a sum of money once for taking one of his girls. He organized the meeting and I believe kept her available until my arrival. Or at least I think so….

In any event I expressed my gratitude with some baht. 

Out of curiosity SS did you buy her out of the bar, i.e. terminate her employment or simply pay daily bar fines for the time you spent with her and after that she returned to the bar?

Thats just what it is ... an earner for the bars. Anyone working a business in Thailand will try to maximize there income which is fair enough.

But this 'fee' ... well a fool and his money .... 8P

My thoughts exactly Foggy... Of course the bar owner has got to max his income & you'd have to be pretty mean to deny him/her that... But these excessive amounts asked for really take the biscuit.. It's a propper fleecing!

And the catch,Jeffs, as to why the girl won't just leave the bar???.. Well, she'd rather have the fee paid, just in case she want's to go back to the bar at some future date... So I don't figure that she's hardly got it in her mind that that she's walking into some type of forever arrangement with her sponsor!!.. And if anyone wants to buy the line that it's insurance, just in case something goes wrong... Well, that's hardly a forever attitude, either.

Jim, you're a funny bastard!

My tuppance worth

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity SS did you buy her out of the bar, i.e. terminate her employment or simply pay daily bar fines for the time you spent with her and after that she returned to the bar?

The latter however that was her last hurrah in Pattaya and the bar scene. After we spent our time together I put her on a bus back to Korat where she would be reunited with her family (well off) and return to school. Have not come across her ever agree either in Pattaya or Bangkok. 

It's fools money. Sometimes! 

The idea is you pay the barfine to take her away from work. She would like you to do this, because it makes her look good to the mamasang. So, when things between you and your love fall apart she will have a job when she wants to come back. 

In BKK the rate is 15,000 baht. Of this 5000 goes to the girl. 

If she loves you she would just stop going to work. Or be a good person and quit.

The thing is, any bar would take back a good girl. And if not, She can find a job anywhere else. Gogo girls are always being hired. There is no bar not hiring. Unless your girl is ugly and doesn't get barfined anyway. Then she is a payroll expense, and maybe that 15k will have a future benefit. But only in the bar that knows she can't get a BF.

And even with no BF she is useful to help pack the stage. Do you go to a gogo with 4 girls constantly BF'd or with 12 girls and 4 of them constantly BF'd? 

Lots of punters have deep pockets and big hearts. When they want to take a girl for 3 or 6 months or 4 years, whatever, they are glad to pay. Bigshots.

The other instance this is beneficial is when a punter takes them for more than 3 weeks, but just for his vacation. That's basically her monthly salary. So that is her BF anyway. She still has her job when she gets back. Which will be 3 months, cause she will go to Issan to spend time with the family from all the money you gave her, then try her hand at freelance for a while before committing to working 29 days a month again.

For the rest of us it's just foolish.

• Upvote 2

The thing is, any bar would take back a good girl. And if not, She can find a job anywhere else. Gogo girls are always being hired. There is no bar not hiring. Unless your girl is ugly and doesn't get barfined anyway.

This subject is discussed quite often on GG boards and it's generally considered a rip off. It's very true a good girl can get a job about anywhere. I met a beautiful GG in a GoGo once that went with me LT at a very reasonable price. I found out later she went with me beacuse I told her I was staying in Pattaya for two months. She wasn't interested in the GoGo she just wanted stay with me for 1000 baht a night until I left. She had worked in sometthing like 20 GoGos and this was years before the LK Metro scene so there were a lot less GoGos. So she just used GoGos to latch onto a long term guy then went to the next GoGo when necessary. She pointed out her picture on the sign of another GoGo as we strolled down WS.

BTW I turned her down because of the 1000 baht a price as I don't usually play every night. Plus I would likely be buying food and drink for her. She was great in and out of the sack. To this day still wonder if I made a mistake letting her go. She was a great companion. I went back a couple of nights later but she was gone. Sorry, this last part is a bit of a thread phuck.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

what pisses me off is when the girl at the bar is not even on a monthly pay and is just FL in the bar, and yet theirs mugs out there that are buying those girls out the bar? For what??....Regards Garry

Good point Garry and as we know many bars will probably take a chance and see how far they can get away with it.

Well, if the nightly bar fine is 600, and you plan to have one particular lb spend 2-3 weeks with you, just do the math. Say, 20 days and nights at 600 per night is 12,000 baht. So, isn't 10k cheaper if you are certain you want to be with this one lb for that length of time?

• Upvote 1

What a crack up, i see this as just another thai scam, you can gloss it over any way yoiu like, if you like a girl from a bar enough to have her move in with you , then its a win win win for the girl, mug punter is paying for her to live western style and mama and papa will soon be in the equation, i.e. sick lost work poor buffalo   etc etc etc.You could of course chase a uni student type girl, there are plenty of them on thai friendly, and you may have a better chance of real romance if thats what your looking for.Thats a tad harder work though right!!!!!. 

always try and hide your emotions towards a thai, as soon as they think they have you sucked in, your doomed to be paying for her  the family her husband  and the boyfriend. cheers donnnnnny

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

I see the new order in Bangkok have implemented this law. :biggrin:

"Under new Thai employment legislation all employees are free to leave their employment as long as they give due notice in writing to the employer of such intention.  However there is one exception.  In the case of p4p bars the employer will be referred to in this legislation as the owner and the employee as the commodity.  In order for the commodity to cease employment in this instance, a buyer needs to be found which is the duty of the commodity.  Once the owner and the buyer have negotiated a fair price, then, and only then, is the commodity "free" to cease employment and enter the service of the buyer who henceforth with be know as the new owner."

Does this not sound outrageous in the modern world?

• Upvote 1