Die Hard

Was flicking around the channels last night and, no, I have not cracked open my box of Yodels yet!!!!  Anywhoooo I saw Die Hard was on.  Now I am not really a Bruce Willis fan but this flick has stood the test of time.  Its a really good action film and it 25 years old.

Hans, the main villian, was superb in that role.  It was a ong movie and I went to bed before the end but I have seen it so many times I still remember the ending.

Usually, sequels are shit but the sequel wasnt too shabby either.

The thrid one, I didnt care for too much..........

Agreed on the first movie, Arch; it is an action classic which has stood the test of time. Alan Rickman is actually a good actor and even the Russian dancer Alexander Gudonov was good in the role of the terrorist with the temper.

I think the 2nd one was pure shit but the one with Samual L. Jackson and Jeremy Irons was actually pretty good, that was the 3rd installment.

Even the 4th one was pretty good, ''Live Free or Die Hard'' with that little nerdy guy from the Apple commercials. Worth 2 hours of your time.

If you watch Live Free or Die Hard for no other reason than to see Maggie Q, you still can't go wrong. She has just about the perfect Asian figure and plays a Kick-boxing little hottie.

McLane's little daughter is all grown up in this one and isn't too hard on the eyes herself; check out the bottom 2 pics, yummm.

Haven't seen the 5th one, prolly better off.

post-107-0-17703800-1380850632_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-48264600-1380850638_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-82419600-1380850652_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-51256000-1380850663_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-22846100-1380850673_thumb.jpg

Willis has that dry, laconic, don't-mess-with-me, tough guy thing down to a T.

He plays exactly the same role in REDS. I just saw REDS2 & it was enjoyable. Action movie of the year? Naah, but with John Malkovich as his loopy wingman, it was good entertainment. Plus Helen Mirren as a deadly assassin, Anthony Hopkins as the evil genius, Catherine Zeta-Jones as a Russian agent & others, it's a ensemble piece of low-brow entertainment.

I saw RED and was less-than-impressed, 

I never saw the first one, I only went to the second because it was on at a time that suited me at a cinema that's close.

I don't rate it as more than good entertainment but I was gratified when I read a local review where it was described as "much better than the woeful first effort". 

Nice to know I finally got something right.

Very subjective. I remember what you thought of Looper...          :rolleye0012:

I never thought it a masterpiece but it was OK. Better than a lot of shit made today. But no one is right & no one is wrong, we still get to make our own minds up. And sometimes opinions are influenced by other stuff going on in our lives.