Thread idea

JaiDee

Hey Guys, I had an idea based on requests from 2 guys in the Thailand LB room; about a few trips I had made to Peru in 2008 and 2010 to work with Shamans who prepare Ayahuasca brew, a concoction of various plants and leaves from the Amazon region which when added together and drunk create an amazing exploration of the mind and the soul.

Not sure if I should post that here, it's a bit edgy and when I tried to come up with a rough draft it made it all sound so druggy; which is is NOT at all. Let me know if this room would be appropriate for that and indeed if a message board for Ladyboy-lovers should include such material, Thanks.

:clapping: Bring it on Jai Dee! :clapping:

I know a bit about this adventure. It's has tremendous appeal to me.

Yet scary to be out of control in such a remote area.

It seems to have had a profound impact on both you and a very special falang lady friend of mine who took that plunge.

Would love to hear about it in more detail. I remember discussing this with you on one of the other boards, and my only issue was that even under the auspices of enlightenment, I cannot indulge in psychedelic substances less I reawaken the sleeping giant (addiction) that has been asleep in my psyche for a couple of decades. But if I could I'd be there with you....

No harm in giving it a try JaiDee. There is more to this whole LB scene and the gents who inhabit it, as you well know, than solely focusing on schlong and carnal encounters. It's good to hear about other experiences and aspects of life outside the scene from guys who share a common basic interest but are from different backgrounds.

I'd be interested JD.

I studied with a graduate school Professor back in the Pleistocene who ran a course involving what I might term Ways of Knowing (not the course title, but a fair description of this part of it).

I read for that segment the first 2 of Carlos Castaneda's books, The Teachings of Don Juan was the first, I forget the name of the second. Then I read bits of his fourth book which was called something like Ways of Power; no, that's not it; something to do with power anyhow.

Castaneda was born in Peru. He migrated early to US and lived out his life there. (PhD UCLA circa 1973) Don Juan was a Yaqui Indian from Mexico, so that experience will be different to yours.

I've also seen the ethnographic films made by Tim Asche on the Yanomamo of Venezeula and Brazil, especially Magical Death where, after snorting this shit, shamans become invaded by their hekura spirits, agents that fly through the dimensions to kill the souls of the children of their enemies. Powerful stuff. Top flick.

I don't do that drug stuff. Old and boring fart. To use a term I learned from Castaneda back then, booze is my "ally", and has been since I was quite young. That'll do me.

But these other ways of knowing are fascinating. I hope you not only entertain us (as in your current who dunit thread), but provide some insightful knowledge about knowing.

I'm already looking forward to it.

PS: I've been intrigued by your signature or subheading or whatever it is.

So nice to see a happy man.

I envy you and people like you.

I've often thought my life has been so shithouse I wish my old man's swimmer had been as weak as him and given up the ghost halfway up my mother's goo canal. Might have saved a lot of folks (including me) a lot of pain.

Sorry to offend those who do, but I don't believe in any religious or superstitious shit.

But I do hope you get to live your life twice.

As regards the superstition & shit, I love to tell a story about the great Neils Bohr.

A fellow scientist had come to visit him at his house in Copenhagen.

As Bohr welcomed him he could not help notice a sprig of misteltoe above the doorway.

Forgive me Professor Bohr, he said, but you don't believe in that do you?

Of course I don't believe in it, Bohr replied.

As the visitor made to enter Bohr added: But you know, they say it works whether you believe in it or not.

Lovely story. So I hope it might be with your two (or more) lives (that may happen whether I believe it or not).

I don't believe in any kind of religion either, I think it's all pure hogwash. I do believe in an afterlife, however; in a few of these Ayahuasca ceremonies I have seen it with my own eyes a few times.

I truly do enjoy my life, and compared to most people my own age I have it sooooo much better; stuck in crappy jobs and loveless marriages, these people are basically treading water until they die. I am *living* my life and doing all I can with the limited resources I have, and if I have one complaint it would be that I get bored easily; every few years I need something new to keep me interested and recently I haven't quite found what the new thing will be just yet but I am sure it will come to me.

OK, Ayhuasca thread coming right up! I just have a feeling that all the goodwill I have created in the other thread I started will come crumbling down when the readers here see that LOL; but if I want to be honest and tell the truth about what I really went through in my 2 trips to Peru it will certainly be a bizarre read.

cheers :)