Roadhouse bar FNA Sally's bar, Jomtien Soi 5

bumblebee

Trying to think how the hell i can swing going to Jomtien in November lol... What i need is a job there and all my worries are over... Whats his name ??? Thats him! "yosser hughes" Gizza a job :)

Thinking about it, Where has Jack gone? Monkey house again :)

Met Jack tonight in bar on Soi Rompho (Market). . Sent me a drink over and the bill appeared in my CheckBin. Says he's been in Phuket and is just passing thro'. Roadhouse still quiet. Seems that the pipelayers have run out of pipes and will be 2 months before more pipes arrive. T.I.T.

• 4 weeks later...

Today (16th) is Soms' Birthday - she will be 23 / 24 / 25 - ish. Not sure if there will be a full blown party in the bar (Roadhouse) but it would be nice if a few BM's dropped in to wish her well. Soi 5 looks a bit like "The Street that Time Forgot" tho' the roadworks are almost complete, at least from the beach road end. A few of the old LB's expected.

post-754-0-79725200-1353027829_thumb.jpg

Most of the party season gang have left town now, I may drop over if I can rustle up a few of the remainders.

If you do go over bb let me know, I'd like to go too, though it looks like it may rain tonight.

I am having difficulties accessinf the internet from my hotel, but did get a phone from tukcom. I will pm you my number.

Som told me she did have a great night. Not many BM's I don't think - but the bar was quite busy with "tourists" dropping in. Som as always entertained them magnificently. Hope the bar continues to pick up as we approach the "high season". Couple of new LB's started who I don't know - yet.

post-754-0-55411200-1353130248_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Dazed&confused and myself popped in early one evening during week. There were about 7 LBs there and Som, who had a drink with us told us the boss is hoping to employ more in the coming weeks along with added GGs. The music is the same as before and unless you knew better you would never know there had been a change of ownership. So the good news is the place is as good as it was in the old days, will keep you all updated.

post-106-0-94258300-1353673062_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

"Roadhouse" still hanging on by it's painted fingernails. Usually about 4 LB's including Som and Jen. Very quiet tho' for the past few months. The new gaffer must have splashed out a lot of cash upgrading the toilets - very Ritzy. Up the road in the Market Bars (Soi Rompho) still a few LB's even tho' it's the quiet season. Just have to do some legwork. "Sugar and Spice" in  the Jomtien complex has had a makeover and a better bar outside now. No signboard above bar. "Mucky Duck further round near "Sunrise Taco" seems very quiet. No sign of LB's on Soi 7 and only a couple on Soi Whitehouse. (Lulu Bar).

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Any updates? Worth a trip down in the next few days?

Roadhouse last night fairly quiet with 4 LB's in - Som, May, Jen and another whom I did not know. Should be good there on Saturday (5th) night with a Birthday Party for the boss. It was excellent last year.

As mentioned the Market Bars - a few LB's tho' it being low season some gone home. Legwork required. Try the last 2 bars at the very end.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...