Air Asia getting a little bit ballsy in their advertising

JaiDee

That is rather naughty for AA  :biggrin:

But just out of curiosity... Who pronounces "Phuket" with an "F" and not "P"?

The only people I've ever heard referring to that place with an "F" are newbies or people back home who've never been. Perhaps that's their target audience.

I wonder where JD found that picture. I used to drive past that billboard every day about 10 years ago. (Not THAT billboard but one with the same advertisement) And it was on display a very long time. Years & years.

DC, it is the two ways of pronouncing PH that gives the sign its double entendre quality. No one pronounces Phuket with an F but when you look at it, the other pronunciation jumps out at you. I wondered why the morality police hadn't complained about it but perhaps they didn't get the joke.

You're welcome. And I did not mean to be condescending but reading what I wrote, I have to admit I was. Sorry Dixon, you are the last person to need an explanation. I was thinking about your question of who pronounces Phuket with an F & somewhere between the thought & what I wrote, I wandered off on a tangent.

Next time I will proofread myself. Or write it then delete it. I do that occasionally.

Many Americans do call it "Fuck It" .......I have heard it more than once.

I agree with Azza...while I used to love Phuket - I actually discovered it  in 1998 before Pattaya and before I knew a lot about BKK -  I have no love for the place anymore. Over-priced, too many Russians and tourists in general, tuk-tuk mafia, etc, etc......nice west-facing beaches but I will take Phangan or Koh Tao any day.

Haven't been to Phuket  in 5  or 6 years and no plans on going back, no matter how cheaply AA or any other airline can get me there.

Next time I will proofread myself. Or write it then delete it. I do that occasionally.

You're excused, no harm done  :biggrin:

(don't delete, just write)

Haven't been to Phuket  in 5 or 6 years and no plans on going back, no matter how cheaply AA or any other airline can get me there.

Ditto, almost 5 years for me.

I wish U-Tapao had some decent destinations or they re-shifted some flights from Don Muang there.