Moving To Thailand?

pdogg

Hey Lung....what's the retirement deal in Lao? Ive been there for a week or so and liked the place,but is it as visitor /ex pat friendly as Thailand?......Ive become more interested in moving to Cambo,as long as the US dollar stays low,its gotta be a good deal for other nationals.......

I don't really know about the visa situation Willy? But talking to expats who actually 'DO' live there, the whole process does seem to be a lot easier.

The simple fact is that they want us there unlike the Thais, so I hope that answers your second question.

Cambodia's the new 'Black' don't yah know!!! :hi:

Lung,

Wish I was there with you in Patts. Be good to see you again. Hope your foot is mended. If you get to Corner say hi to Ning and Aun for me.

Yeah, it was a real shame that I just missed you too! :air_kiss: I would have really enjoyed meeting up again Sam. Anyway,I've had some new info on where 'H' block is, so I'm going to go out & do a reckkie.

Foot's shit & the doctor's offered to do the operation again for free if the thing doesn't get any better within the next month... Sounds like a bit of an admisson to me?

Not having a great time of it this time around to be honest mate. :notfair:

KenW,

Have you considered Malaysia? They have what I've heard is a good retirement scheme for expats:

http://mm2h.gov.my/

It seems to require proof of $3300 US/mo income (or $50k in a bank account), easier language to learn & English is the second language there anyway.

Lung, sorry to hear you have trouble with one of your dogs, I can imagine how painful & frustrating that can be. My last trip to Patts, on the second day, I developed an inflammation problem with the fascia in my right foot & osteoarthritis in my left knee, unbearable pain, Dr said I had to stay in bed for 5 days, not even able to use the pool. Unbelievable.... I had to travel halfway around the world to stay in my room & watch "Law & Order" reruns for a week. 80

Hope it gets better.

Unc,Sorry to hear about the foot. I hope the fuck you ain't going at it yourself like last time. If you are I promise to come to CM and kick your foot-picking arse. :D Enjoy yourself in Patts and don't get lost in H Block.Take care

Please don't come kick my foot picking arse Sam, I did start attacking the thing again in my late night madness, but there is a good ending... So do please listen to this, I was taken out to a proper Isarn Nightclub/Cabaret by three of the girls from Lucylove, Am, Stam & May some nights back now & I was enjoying myself so much that I just had to get up & dance, man I went for it like some crazy outta control 'Whirling Devisher' on speed throughout the night, in spite of the pain!

Anyway, the next morning the ball of my foot swelled up like a fuckin' balloon & I was in sheer agony hobbling about & bleating until the wonderful Am came to my rescue & lanced the thing with a pair of 'sterilised' cuticle clippers... Jeeeezers, you just wouldn't believe what came out of the thing. yuk! But hey, no pain & she's saved me a trip back to the hospital too! shit, I might even take up tap dancing now?

Wow, those girls from Soi6, there ain't nothing they won't do! :angel:

KenW,Have you considered Malaysia? They have what I've heard is a good retirement scheme for expats: http://mm2h.gov.my/It seems to require proof of $3300 US/mo income (or $50k in a bank account), easier language to learn & English is the second language there anyway.Lung, sorry to hear you have trouble with one of your dogs, I can imagine how painful & frustrating that can be. My last trip to Patts, on the second day, I developed an inflammation problem with the fascia in my right foot & osteoarthritis in my left knee, unbearable pain, Dr said I had to stay in bed for 5 days, not even able to use the pool. Unbelievable.... I had to travel halfway around the world to stay in my room & watch "Law & Order" reruns for a week. 80 Hope it gets better.

Malaysia & Burma are the two wild cards, I've actually considered Penang myself, it's a really cool Island & there's a refreshing madness to the place, plus they really do want us there. And as for Burma I'd be living there now if it wasn't for the regime they've got in place, it's most definitely my favourite country in the region.

Thanks for the sympathy regarding the 'dog' man... And shit, sorry to hear about your story too, sounds like it was Hell! It also sounds like we have the same sort of luck with ths kinda of stuff... And why always when you're on fuckin' holiday?

I actually like old Law & Order reruns & I downloaded the first series for a second look just before I left for Patts... That was ground breaking stuff for its time & the acting was superb! OK, you'll probably see more violence & mayhem around your grandmother's place nowdays, but give it its due, for the time that was really good stuff :hi:

KenW,

Have you considered Malaysia? They have what I've heard is a good retirement scheme for expats:

http://mm2h.gov.my/

It seems to require proof of $3300 US/mo income (or $50k in a bank account), easier language to learn & English is the second language there anyway.

Yes Hefe, I have considered Malaysia, but in my typical sloppy way have yet to follow it up. Thanx for the link. A relative of mine met up with and subsequently lived with a gayboy from Malaysia for some 15 years at the end of his life. The M lad was/is a really nice guy, as honest as the day is long and from a good family. Excellent English. As you say, it is very widely spoken there. I should get off my lazy arse and take a trip. I have been to Malaysia 3 or 4 times, all ultra-short trips on business, and as yet, remain virginal in the Malay* world of flesh. But as a wild generalisation, they are a physically attractive people for a man of my type.

* I should qualify that. I mean the Malay world in country. In my GG-keen days I once fucked a Malay whore in Melbourne over two nights, and she was sensational. Skin the colour of good brandy held up to the light.

Burma? Exactly like you Unc, I could not look my friends in the eye if I made to ignore that regime. But bring in some Burmese Spring or equivalent, and I'd give it a go.