Sleep Apnea

JaiDee

doesn't matter how you FALL asleep, question is; do you STAY asleep?

the sleep clinic I went to told me I was waking up 28 times ......wait for it......an HOUR! just for a second or 2, but just long enough to miss a breath or a heartbeat and also long enough to fuck up any chance for a good night's rest.

dealing with it now, finally, after a year of crappy sleeping......baby steps and all that.

Jai Dee, I have had sleep apnea for a long time and on several occasions in the past my ex threatened to knife me in my sleep as she said l snored like a banshee and the nstopped breathing and then roared as l gasped for breath. She would lay awake while l went back into a deep sleep. No wonder she was so cranky for years.

I went to the sleep clinic and now use a small cpap machine. Its very portable and it pushes air in and removes restrictions. In the end l sleep like a baby and feel rested when l wake.

if l am away from home and forget it and have a few l wake in the morning with a raspy throat and tired from snoring. So regardless how it looks l swear by the machine. One thought though... when in Thai l never bring the machine. maybe its the cold air in the room but l never have a problem. then again Thai ladies never complain!

I will bring it this time as nothing beats a sound rested sleep. Sleep apnea is a silent killer.

Cheers,

ET

I went to the sleep clinic and now use a small cpap machine. Its very portable and it pushes air in and removes restrictions. In the end l sleep like a baby and feel rested when l wake.

So regardless how it looks l swear by the machine.

Sleep apnea is a silent killer.

Yups, I am on a CPAP now for 9 days.....the first 5 were tough but now I am used to it and I think it will work out well for me. It is indeed a silent killer; before this was diagnosed doctors just figured people died in their sleep due to a heart attack or stroke, old age, etc.......when in reality it may have been this.

I have been feeling crappy and lethargic for about a year now, and had a serious case of nocturia; IE, waking up 4 or 5 times a night to take a leak, which is definitely apnea-related. Looking forward to getting 8 sold hours again and feeling restful and energetic all day, even if I have to wear the damn mask for life.

relatively-newly-discovered

It's probably been killing people for dozens of years, doctors just wrote it off as 'died in their sleep' or heart attack while sleeping, etc.......when in fact it was this.

Lefty, did you change your avatar because the old guy embarrassed himself and his legacy with that unbelievably sad and torturous 'speech' to am empty chair at the RNC last week? He should have quit while he was ahead with Gran Torino, that would have been a good movie to quietly fade away from.

I had it back when I was younger until 2001. Mine was caused by all the extra weight I was carrying. After the Gastrc Bypass I lost the weight and no longer need the C-PAP machine.

I'm hoping to get to that stage next. I am 50-60 pounds overweight right now, if I can lose the weight I may be able to put the CPAP on the shelf.

slept great last night, 8.5 hours.....we take for granted just how great that feels, until you DON'T get a good night's sleep for a year or so.

There's nothing new about sleep apnea, it's the silent killer that has been around ever since the arrival of the first person with an endomorphic body type. They are the people who put on weight easily & even when they don't appear big, they carry their fat internally, especially around their organs.

And they carry fat in the back of their throat which causes their air passage to collapse when they sleep. And this is damn hard fat to shift. The C-PAP machine provides air pressure to keep the throat open & allow the sleeper to breath normally.

I don't know if liposuction is a viable option yet for that part of the anatomy but in the meantime, weight loss is the only way to stop apnea. Good luck with the challenge JaiDee, you won't be doing it for vanity reasons, this is to save your life.