Saw the new Bourne movie

JaiDee

IMO the Bourne series of movies blows away anything the Bond crew have done since the early eighties, when Roger Moore held the venerable position of 007. The first 3 Bourne movies were really well-done and I have seen each one more than once and could sit down and watch them all again right now.

I saw the newest installment at the theater 2 nights ago and it was pretty good, not quite as good as the first 3 though. Matt Damon; gone. Probably wasn't offered enough cake to do a 4th one or maybe has gotten out of shape since he did the 3rd one? Instead they have Jeremy Renner {The Town} and Edward Norton taking his place, Renner as a new super-spy who gets chased by his own government from Alaska to D.C. to Manila.

Pretty good; as usual the typical Bourne suspense and action and the requisite car/'cycle chase through the streets of Manila, and all in all I'd say about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. You could wait until the DVD or torrent release but it's definitely worth seeing if you are a fan of the other 3.

I'd like to see this too. But: I actually loved the Daniel Craig Bond films, and am really looking forward to the new one this Christmas. There's still nothing like the Bond franchise in my mind.

The new Bond film is released 2nd week on November here in the UK. Hope it's the same in LOS and I will get to watch it over there.

Does this Bourne movie suffer from the Paul Greengrass shaky camera syndrome? I can't stand the way that twitchy fucker ruins a good movie with his spastic "cinematography"!

I don't have high hopes for a return to Bond greatness after that abortion Quantum Of Solace. Right up there with Die Another Day of worst Bond films ever.

Check out a movie called "The Assignment" which was made before the Bourne movies. You will see much in that movie that Bourne ripped off.

Never saw that one, but bear in mind the movies are based on the books by Robert Ludlum, which I have never read because I prefer non-fiction.

As for the film work......it wasn't quite as bad as some of the other spastic movements in the earlier Bourne work, but as usual the car chase scenes put me to sleep [when they are supposed to do the opposite!]. I liked the Paris chase scenes in Bourne 1, with a great soundtrack to go along with it, but this one in Manila was a snoozer.

As for Bond.....I gave up on that whole series when Remington Steele played 007 one time and came riding down from the north pole on a wave created from a melting iceberg. zzzzzzzzzzzz followed by LOL

Does this Bourne movie suffer from the Paul Greengrass shaky camera syndrome? I can't stand the way that twitchy fucker ruins a good movie with his spastic "cinematography"!

I love the Bourne trilogy but have the same problem with the jerky camera moves. I think it's was a phase movie makes went though a few years ago.

... Right up there with Die Another Day of worst Bond films ever.

Bit of topic, but had to chime in -- sorry JD -- but FM, you really think Die Another Day is worse than Moonraker? For my money that's always been the A1 stinker of the Bond franchise. Granted Die Another Day is pretty painful, though. But gotta love Halle Berry in just about anything. I loved Catwoman, just for the fact that it had her prancing around in faux bondage gear (beyond that it sucked ass, in a bad way).

As for the Bourne movies, well, these are usually the kind of movies I like to bitch about, make fun of, poke holes in and generally climb up on my cultural elitist high horse. Having said that, and having been forced to actually sit through the first couple once by a friend of mine -- held my six-pack of Guinness hostage, that bastard -- I have to admit they weren't half bad; the first was actually rather good, even.

P.S. As for the Ludlum books ... oh, don't get me started :mad0245:

I just saw the the bourne legacy ,and i must admit that it wasnt so good as the past 3( matt damon) which i really enjoyed.

The bourne movies started back in 1988 with a mini series which was called "the bourne identity" based on a novel by

Robert Ludlum.

The Jason bourne character was RIchard Chamberlain, co staring was Jaclyn Smith (charlies angels),also one of my good friends Yorco Voyagis who happens to be also Greek was the bad guy Carlos...

That was really well done series,maybe the role as Jason Bourne didnt fit Richard Ghamberlain,as we were used to him with softer roles,but my opinion is that he was good there.

The director there was Roger Young a very well talented director.

As for the new one The Bourne Legasy,i would have liked Matt Damon to play the main role,but i think that i will agree with Jdee,that maybe he is not as fit as it used to be as in the last 3 movies he made,

Well it just happens that i met him in Rhodes last week on a friends yacht, in the company of Tom Hanks whole family who happens i know personaly due to his many summer vacations in Rhodes (greek wife).

Well not so much athletic like he is known in his last 3 bourne movies...or maybe his cashe went up.

Simple,very friently guy,and he loves greece like Tom.

Bit of topic, but had to chime in -- sorry JD -- but FM, you really think Die Another Day is worse than Moonraker? For my money that's always been the A1 stinker of the Bond franchise. Granted Die Another Day is pretty painful, though. But gotta love Halle Berry in just about anything. I loved Catwoman, just for the fact that it had her prancing around in faux bondage gear (beyond that it sucked ass, in a bad way).

As for the Bourne movies, well, these are usually the kind of movies I like to bitch about, make fun of, poke holes in and generally climb up on my cultural elitist high horse. Having said that, and having been forced to actually sit through the first couple once by a friend of mine -- held my six-pack of Guinness hostage, that bastard -- I have to admit they weren't half bad; the first was actually rather good, even.

P.S. As for the Ludlum books ... oh, don't get me started :mad0245:

Absolutely!

Maybe we should start a Bond thread so I don't jack this one with my explanation! B)

The last movie I saw at a theatre was " Avatar' . I saw it in Pattaya with a Ladyboy and had a fantastic time. I just love Pattaya for $100.00, I can have dinner, hugs and kisses, a movie, more hugs and kisses, sex. Then wake up for a new day. I dont think I am a butterfly, I think I am just a loner who enjoys company at certain times.

• Upvote 1

I too saw the new Bourne flick...I thought...Well, I thought...

One redeeming feature of the new Bourne is that it DIDN'T have Matt Damon to fuck up every scene with his sophomoric acting...

Truth is I thought the story sucked and the direction sucked...The guy who directed it wrote it as I recall...I do like Jeremy Renner though...He was great in the Hurt Locker...Perhaps he woulda made a good Bourne...

And like some others I do like Daniel Craig as Bond...

• Upvote 1

I don't think Matt Damon is a bad actor. He was fine in Good Will Hunting. I also thought he did fine in True Grit, even though some others did not.

That Jeremy Renner is a darned good actor. He was the best one in The Town.

I'm not a big fan of Bond type movies though, so who the fuck cares what I think other than me. hehehe.

The last movie I saw at a theatre was " Avatar' . I saw it in Pattaya with a Ladyboy and had a fantastic time. I just love Pattaya for $100.00, I can have dinner, hugs and kisses, a movie, more hugs and kisses, sex. Then wake up for a new day. I dont think I am a butterfly, I think I am just a loner who enjoys company at certain times.

I saw Avatar in Pattaya with a ladyboy too. It was an ok movie to see once. Such a worn out story line though, Only a different setting.

My last theater visit was in the Philippines with a ladyboy. That movie about New Years that came out last December. It was also ok to see once, but not a repeater for me though