Who are your 6 most favorite movie directors?

Lefty

EDIT: Ahhhh, it's not the Coen Brothers who made the Stooges, it is the Farrelly Brothers!! Same-same but different..... :mad0261:

Pacman, good to see the Farrelly Brothers mentioned as they are the best in comedy,IMHO ever! :good::laugh:

I really liked:

"Dumb and Dumber"

"Kingpin"

"There's something about Mary"

"Me,Myself,& Irene"

"Outside Providence"

"The Heartbreak Kid"

I guess I'll have to check out "The Three Stooges" and I bet it will be funny as these guys have never let me down.

Now about funny movies if anyone hasn't seen "TED" yet then I reccomend that you do as it is funny as hell,and really an enjoyable movie, it's directed by Seth McFarland the guy who does the animated series' "Family Guy" and "American Dad" and he finally got to stretch his legs a bit without being censored by the networks.

BUT, not by the Coen Brothers. The recent Three Stooges movie was made by the Farrelly Brothers.

Our fine friend the Pacmeister said it was made by the Coens. Shame on him for mistaking the Farrellys for the Coens.

Thanks Lefty, I did correct my mistake, I knew it was made by American brothers, just not the Coen brothers. By some accounts of the Stooges movie, I wonder if the Coens wouldn't have done a better job...

Pacman, good to see the Farrelly Brothers mentioned as they are the best in comedy,IMHO ever! :good::laugh:

You're welcome. The Farrelly brothers are important players in the industry. There has to be someone making movies that aren't high brow.

I guess I'll have to check out "The Three Stooges" and I bet it will be funny as these guys have never let me down.

I don't want to put you off but not everyone thinks this is as good as it should be. Though on one popular film review forum, the critics are divided between dyed-in-the-wool Stooges fans & those who were looking for a comedy. The fans loved it.

Now about funny movies if anyone hasn't seen "TED" yet then I reccomend that you do as it is funny as hell,and really an enjoyable movie, it's directed by Seth McFarland the guy who does the animated series' "Family Guy" and "American Dad" and he finally got to stretch his legs a bit without being censored by the networks.

I did see Ted & I liked it but I didn't love it. There's too much illogical behaviour (yes, I know it is a comedy), there are some gaping holes in its credibility (and I am not just talking about a teddy bear that grows up & talks, etc) but it is all based on a funny premise with a good heart. And it all turns out well in the end. But if an Iranian had directed it, we could have Ted stoned to death for walking around naked & bonking hookers. Now that would have been funny... :flirt2:

You're welcome. The Farrelly brothers are important players in the industry. There has to be someone making movies that aren't high brow.

Fuck high brow humour,as sometimes the low brow stuff is so funny you can't help but laugh your ass off!

I did see Ted & I liked it but I didn't love it. There's too much illogical behaviour (yes, I know it is a comedy), there are some gaping holes in its credibility (and I am not just talking about a teddy bear that grows up & talks, etc) but it is all based on a funny premise with a good heart. And it all turns out well in the end. But if an Iranian had directed it, we could have Ted stoned to death for walking around naked & bonking hookers. Now that would have been funny... :flirt2:

Glad you liked Ted,and I would have hated it if an"Iranian"would have directed it as I probably would have been able to"smell his armpits" in the theater! :rofl::mad0216:

Glad you liked Ted,and I would have hated it if an"Iranian"would have directed it as I probably would have been able to"smell his armpits" in the theater! :rofl::mad0216:

I am rarely lost for words but I am speechless. I want to make a retort but what does one say? "No you won't" or "Hurray" or "Good posting".

Or am I too conservative & fail to see the humour in the post? :fool:

• Upvote 1

If anyone but the Farrelly Bros had directed it, then it would have been a much different movie. They do fill an important niche in the comedy genre, and I agree about all their movies you listed in the earlier post. I think for me, that Kingpin has been their best.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Master)

Quentin Tarantino

Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous, Jerry Maguire)

Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge)

Christopher Nolan (Batman/Dark Knight, Inception)

Martin Scorcese

David Lean

Shit, I forgot Gerard Damiano. I cannot believe I left out my #1 all-time fave. Consider my list amended.

i see more than a few have also included david lean in their 'favorite' list (he's no Damiano, of course, but he had skills)... per that, i stumbled upon an al jazeera interview with oliver stone and michael moore where they (appeared) to agree that david lean's 'lawrence of arabia' was a bad movie due to its ignoring the reality of how misused the arabs were by Lawrence and the british in their overriding goal of defeating the nazis. for them, the film's historical inaccuracy condemned lean's masterpiece forever.

i felt that way about Star Wars.

and don't get me started on the Alamo.

or Winnie the fucking pooh.

:flirt2:

:character00218:

• 5 years later...