Travel with LB to Cambodia

randiuno

I know this is like taking sand to the beach, but does anyone on this board have any experience traveling cross-borders with an LB friend. Specifically, has anyone taken a girl from Philippines to Cambodia. Would love to spend a long trip re-exploring Cambo and Thailand with my favorite english speaking LB, and wondering if there are any issues traveling across borders assuming passports and visas are in order.

Any experience shared in this area would be appreciated.

Randi.

I would imagine as long as the documents are in order there should not be any problems. As the PIs are in ASEAN, as far as I know people from there do not require a visa for other ASEAN countries including Cambodia and Thailand. As you would be flying in from the PIs to Cambodia I presume, then I could not see there being a problem if your friend is LB or not at the airport.

I also see no problem, but have not as yet done it. As Bb says, as long as documents are in order things should be OK. That ASEAN time period for visits not requiring visas used to be 14 days, but I am not sure how long now.

In situations like this when you plan on travelling overseas with another person the necessary documentaion and visas etc. are obvious, the fact the person in question is a ladyboy should be irrelevant but it does require certain measures to be adopted where proof of identity is required by officials.

Most importantly she needs to dress-down and not be too glamorous. Jeans, t-shirt, flat shoes (maybe), little make-up and simple hair style (tied back) would be recommended. Stay by her side constantly at checkpoints and let her go first so you can move in to assist if required. Always make it clear you are travelling together as a couple at check-in and border control.

Imagine you were travelling with a regular asian friend who was male, it would be no big deal.

• Upvote 1

I have taken a Thai ladyboy to Cambodia on two occasions and had no problems whatsoever. The only annoyance is the constant staring but I've well and truly gotten used to that in Cambodia. The only time my ladyboy companion was annoyed was when a massage lady refused to massage her tits.

• Upvote 1

Thanks DC, I am sure we will cross paths one day. I am not sure about my next trip. I will almost certainly be heading over in Jan/Feb of next year however a short trip perhaps around Sept/Oct this year may be possible. I suspect we will have a few mutual friends amongst PP's small ladyboy community. How long will you be in Cambodia?

I suspect we will have a few mutual friends amongst PP's small ladyboy community. How long will you be in Cambodia?

I'll be there for quite some time with the occassional week or two in Thailand and surrounding countries also. Altogether out of the UK for the rest of this year and probably all of next year and a few months beyond too, before returning to the UK to make some final big decisions about my future.

You must let me know closer to your planned dates when you are in PP so I don't just miss you by a day or two as none of my plans are set in stone and there's lots of flexibility.

I'm positive we'll have quite a number of mutual friends in PP B)

~ ~ ~

Apologies to randiuno for taking this thread off-topic.

I did the reverse in Feb 2011 when I took a Cambodian ladyboy to Thailand for a few weeks and that was a very straight-forward process (that really was taking sand to the beach!).

I see no issues taking a Thai ladyboy to Cambodia what-so-ever. In fact all the travelling I have done so far in Cambodia over my 4 months there last year (Battambang, Siem Reap, Snooky etc.) has been in the company of a ladyboy and I've encountered almost zero problems. But as Premier mentioned, as happens alot in Asia anyway, people of all ages have a tendancy to stare relentlessly and ladyboys are a curiosity to many, so that's something you will have to learn to live with, not always easy I can assure you and a thick skin is required at times.

The worst incidents I recall were both up north. At Angkor Wat an official mobile ticket checker in the Bayon wanted to check her ID, he was just being an asshole and wanted to cause a problem, although it could have been that she is half-chinese so they didn't believe her 'free-entry' was valid. The second was a pair of heckling tuk-tuk drivers at one end of Pub Street in Siem Reap, which is why I want to learn how to say a few choice put-downs in Khmer to have something to throw back at these assholes.

These instances were both individual occurences in a country where ladyboys are perhaps not as common or as commonly accepted as they are in Thailand, so unfortunately they are to be expected. In Phnom Penh nothing ever happened apart from stares, but these were just curiosity stares with no malice. Having said that the people of Cambodia are so very, very friendly which is one of the reasons I love the country so much.

You must let me know closer to your planned dates when you are in PP so I don't just miss you by a day or two as none of my plans are set in stone and there's lots of flexibility.

I'll be in touch DC, very much look forward to meeting you, however my Sept/Oct trip may be to Laos only as my brother has a nice pad in Vientiane that will be vacant.

~ ~ ~

The worst incidents I recall were both up north. ..... The second was a pair of heckling tuk-tuk drivers at one end of Pub Street in Siem Reap, which is why I want to learn how to say a few choice put-downs in Khmer to have something to throw back at these assholes.

Now I think about it we were heckled by tuk-tuk drivers at Angkor Wat, I knew they were talking about us by their repeated use of the word katoey, I just let it slide.

....which is why I want to learn how to say a few choice put-downs in Khmer to have something to throw back at these assholes

Som tow ch'nai = please go very far away (literal) but actually understood as 'feck off'

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My story is not related to Cambodia but it still happened in Asia at least.

I had a few problems last year taking my LB into Hong Kong. I had arranged to meet her at the airport for a few days R'n'R as I was flying back home via Europe so it seemed a fairly simple process to fly her from Manila to meet me.

Her flight arrived a couple of hours before mine and when I arrived I had expected her to have cleared customs. But I found her in quite a distressed state at the customs entry area. Because she was an unaccompanied LB, the border security people didn’t think she had a genuine reason to enter the country and gave her quite a severe questioning. Fortunately they allowed her to wait for me to confirm things rather than sending her back.

I was able to sort it out but we spent an hour in a waiting room being stared at by all and sundry. She is a very attractive and passable LB but the security people had her passport and we had heaps of them visit the waiting room to openly gawp at us.

I’ve since found her work and moved her to NZ but even here where we are quite a liberal country we get stared at a lot by guys and GG's alike when I’m out with her in public.

I kind of think they and the HK security people are jealous J

<p>Dixon, Premiere, Malcolm,<br />

<br />

Thank you for your replies.  I do recall my first trip to Cambo when I travelled with a Cambodian LB, there were some looks, and even a butterfly reference at the Monkey Island Bungalows in Koh Rong.  We stayed on Koh Rong for about 3 or 4 nights, on one evening while at dinner, the wait staff gave my ladyboy companion the most amazing shiny silver cocoon attached to a small tree branch. i didn't know what to make of it, and my friend didn't seem to be too bothered, although it let me know that everyone was aware that I was haning out with a ladyboy.</p>

Anyway, I would love to take my favorite LB to Ankor Wat, but maybe I should just plan or a trip to Thailand, and have ladyboys galore, and my favorite at the same time...or I could just stay in the Philippines where there is very little negative comments...

Cheers and thanks for your input.

Randi