Chiang Mai hotel and suggestions

Sustra4

2 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

anyone have suggestions?

10 years ago I stayed at the Raming Lodge and was happy with the hotel and location.  It's on Loi Kroh Road which has some beer bars with ladies.  Shamrock Ladyboy Bar was there; have no idea if it still exists or is a ladyboy bar.  There are some beer bars surrounding a boxing ring on Loi Kroh which is interesting.  Raming Lodge is a very short walk to the Old City.  There are red songthaews similar to the Pattaya Baht Busses which are cheap.

Link To Raming Lodge

I liked the vibe of Chiang Mai although P4P venues are somewhat limited. Maybe you'll find a beautiful Burmese ladyboy with thick 8 inches!   :biggrin:

• Like 1

Twelve years ago, I arrived at the bus station with a ladyboy from Pattaya, and we sought out affordable accommodation by consulting a tuk-tuk driver. He took us to Luck Thai Guesthouse. Returning alone two years later, I found the price had increased to 600 THB. It appears the guesthouse underwent renovations and is now referred to as Luck Thai hotel. The quality of the walls has improved, and the establishment has evolved into a hotel featuring a swimming pool. For bookings, you can visit Agoda.  During that period, the hotel was ladyboyfriendly (much like 99.9% of Thai hotels).

A decade ago, local ladyboys often directed clients to the Royal guesthouse, which you can find on Agoda or in your favorite booking website. I can see the guesthouse was renovated too.

Upon checking Google Maps, I also noticed a more budget-friendly option, Vipa Guesthouse.

Edit : I didn't use a car in Chiang Mai; instead, I booked trips directly at the Luck Thai reception. If you're interested in visiting elephant parks, you can find better (albeit pricier) options at the Elephant Park office, not far from this area. There's also a tiger park a few kilometers away from Chiang Mai, close to an elephant park.

Ten years ago, I negotiated with a tuk-tuk driver to take me there at a low cost. In return, he could pick up customers while I explored the park. If you're into visiting the tiger park, just make sure to clarify how many cages are included in the trip you purchase. While I was told that prices were lower than those at the reception, keep in mind that the cost depends on how many cages you want to enter. The most expensive option is the tiger babies' cage.

If you're interested, it would be worth a discussion to deal with elephant and tiger parks as well as with trips in he area.

I also liked the vibes of Chiang Mai a decade ago. I stopped going there for reasons that now seem trivial. The city used to be bustling with tuk-tuk motorbikes, but over time, Thai people transitioned to small cars, and even SUW. I felt that Chiang Mai lost some of its authenticity. Nevertheless, it remains a pleasant city to visit and hopefully, the  small ladyboys scene is still active.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Twelve years ago, I arrived at the bus station with a ladyboy from Pattaya, and we sought out affordable accommodation by consulting a tuk-tuk driver. He took us to Luck Thai Guesthouse. Returning alone two years later, I found the price had increased to 600 THB. It appears the guesthouse underwent renovations and is now referred to as Luck Thai hotel. The quality of the walls has improved, and the establishment has evolved into a hotel featuring a swimming pool. For bookings, you can visit Agoda.  During that period, the hotel was ladyboyfriendly (much like 99.9% of Thai hotels).

A decade ago, local ladyboys often directed clients to the Royal guesthouse, which you can find on Agoda or in your favorite booking website. I can see the guesthouse was renovated too.

Upon checking Google Maps, I also noticed a more budget-friendly option, Vipa Guesthouse.

Edit : I didn't use a car in Chiang Mai; instead, I booked trips directly at the Luck Thai reception. If you're interested in visiting elephant parks, you can find better (albeit pricier) options at the Elephant Park office, not far from this area. There's also a tiger park a few kilometers away from Chiang Mai, close to an elephant park.

Ten years ago, I negotiated with a tuk-tuk driver to take me there at a low cost. In return, he could pick up customers while I explored the park. If you're into visiting the tiger park, just make sure to clarify how many cages are included in the trip you purchase. While I was told that prices were lower than those at the reception, keep in mind that the cost depends on how many cages you want to enter. The most expensive option is the tiger babies' cage.

If you're interested, it would be worth a discussion to deal with elephant and tiger parks as well as with trips in he area.

I also liked the vibes of Chiang Mai a decade ago. I stopped going there for reasons that now seem trivial. The city used to be bustling with tuk-tuk motorbikes, but over time, Thai people transitioned to small cars, and even SUW. I felt that Chiang Mai lost some of its authenticity. Nevertheless, it remains a pleasant city to visit and hopefully, the  small ladyboys scene is still active.

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

10 years ago I stayed at the Raming Lodge and was happy with the hotel and location.  It's on Loi Kroh Road which has some beer bars with ladies.  Shamrock Ladyboy Bar was there; have no idea if it still exists or is a ladyboy bar.  There are some beer bars surrounding a boxing ring on Loi Kroh which is interesting.  Raming Lodge is a very short walk to the Old City.  There are red songthaews similar to the Pattaya Baht Busses which are cheap.

Link To Raming Lodge

I liked the vibe of Chiang Mai although P4P venues are somewhat limited. Maybe you'll find a beautiful Burmese ladyboy with thick 8 inches!   

Thanks for the suggestions.... I'll leave tomorrow....will report how the situation is 

I am in the process of booking a hotel in Chiang Mai for March for a couple of nights. My gf works in one so she does not want to stay there for obvious reasons.

Looking at The Mercure or the Grand Wipanan in the same area. The Mercure is a large hotel which is not my preference.

You are looking for one in the centre of town I guess. These two are about 2.5 kms out.

I don't get why my above post is so funny. Here's a picture I made using Google maps for a more in-depth analysis of the  scene 10 years ago.

I don't know if ladyboys bars (or bars with ladyboys) still exist. They were close to the boxing stadium or the Shamrock pub (I even wonder whther the Shamrock pub was a bar with ladyboy). All I recall is that the ladyboys were anything but pushy. I hadn't enjoyed the experience (but I'm not really into ladyboys bars).
Late at night, a few ladyboy would try to hook up customers on their sposts at Kotchasarn Road. Prices at that time were 400 THB (too cheap, too shy for a BJ), 500 or 600 THB (standard prices) and 800 THB (she was pretty and she knows it.
Ladyboys come to Loi Kroh road later (after midnight) to look for customers.  I had missed a good opportunity on my last evening since I was sick (a restaurant in city centre had served me a pancake with ice cream but ice cream was deep frozen.
I came across a forum where people shared their experiences of meeting Chiang Mai ladyboys through Twitter and shelled outg 2,000 THB for a short time.  I thought  these guys were foolish, butnot only. Considering their potential to impact the market, I realized that they could potentially drive up Chiang Mai prices.

Obviously ladyboys spots and hotels proposed either by @Pdoggg or myself are very close to the ladyboy scene, the difference being that Pdoggg proposed a high range hotel whereas I proposed cheap ones. You can also scan the area with Google maps and you will find so many hotels.

The city centre had no real interest, except maybe look for an internet café to post in a forum or check one's email. I had never seen ladyboys at night in this area.

I added what I remember as GGs bars and Thai massage shops. I first believed that Thai massage ladies in Loi Kroh road were in p4p and avoided their shops, but I had found shops opened in the morning near the river.

ChiangMai.jpg.c7378af0017bc30889eb2ee3406fce62.jpg

• Like 3

So happy to go back to jomtien...Chiang Mai is so nice but I didn't enjoy. Downtown a lot of temples Bazar..etc etc....ladyboy scene is almost absent. Shamrock still there...friendly but not special ..night Bazar closes at midnight. Good place is ladyboy cabaret ...really different scene from what I've seen in bkk, Pattaya isaan or phuket...will not repeat 

IMG_20231227_222237.jpg

IMG_20231227_222239.jpg

IMG_20231227_222241.jpg

IMG_20231227_222240.jpg

IMG_20231227_222243.jpg

IMG_20231227_222302.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

So happy to go back to jomtien...Chiang Mai is so nice but I didn't enjoy. Downtown a lot of temples Bazar..etc etc....ladyboy scene is almost absent. Shamrock still there...friendly but not special ..night Bazar closes at midnight. Good place is ladyboy cabaret ...really different scene from what I've seen in bkk, Pattaya isaan or phuket...will not repeat

I had found bars to be special, not to say empty. But Have you tried your luck on the streets after midnight ?

• Like 1