2nd Id required for western union

Cinederose

Not sure if its only bangkok and just western union offices by themselves but they now want two valid Ids from a foriegner , passport and Thai Id , i went to several places today and they would not allow me to do it with just a passport - perhaps banks have there own policies as it was evening time i could not check , anyway i went to a 711 WU thankfully they only wanted my passport and take my photo for small amounts but you could see they were never asked for it, just started this month new rule , effects me since i do not have a actual physical card , Thank you 711 :)

IMG_20231004_191839.jpg

IMG_20231004_191815.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the WU heads up Cinederose!  I've never used them but I like to have backup plan.  Next time I'm at the Jomtien Krungsri branch, I'll see what their requirements are although I'm probably OK since I have a Thai driver's license.

If your objective is to send money abroad I'd recommend that you enroll with Dee Money on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 8.

If your objective is to receive money in Thailand from abroad then Wise is a good option.

• Like 1

Yes thanks i use wise , but for virtual card not to bank as i have no bank , its for sure policy in central mall western union , robinson and big c but i asked a lady at bangkok bank today and she said only one was needed , its Actual WU booths so avoid them if you do not have secondary ID or Thai Id , i mean for the average tourist its a problem :)

12 hours ago, Cinederose said:

Two cities and so easy to travel between ( 120 baht by bus )

gencraft_image_1696346793314-1.png

gencraft_image_1696346053593-1.png

Holy crap!  Just look at those two!  I nearly creamed my jeans! 

The DeLorean was one damned nice car, irrespective of performance.  Of course, nearly all cars designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro were good looking. 

OK, OK, there are a couple of GGs there that I guess someone might bone if desperate enough, but I'll take the cars.  Ladyboy magnets for sure.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seven said:

‘Twas made of stainless steel so why not. Poor John DeLorean was ahead of his time and died poor

They had to hand out cars to the workers as payment when it all went bust , often just the body only , you would see them parked in yards in the countryside ;)

On 10/6/2023 at 12:41 PM, Pdoggg said:

Signs posted at the Jomtien Krungsri currency exchange booth that seems to have a partnership of sorts with Western Union.

1696609945068.jpg

1696609951265.jpg

What an oldie Pdoggg.......that cracked me up you finding that....kudos.  As for WU, forget about it.....why would anyone use it when so many others with much less hassle.  Also, I remember them being expensive to use.  I find myself using remitly, these days. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cinederose said:

They had to hand out cars to the workers as payment when it all went bust , often just the body only , you would see them parked in yards in the countryside ;)

DeLorean, was an ex GM executive.  Was willing to do anything to be successful, even jail time.  Good thing he got caught before the sentencing changed to harsh time (I think?).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

why would anyone use it when so many others with much less hassle.

Good question Zeppie!

The fees seem high but I am thinking it's a nice backup in case of an emergency. Sometimes fees don't matter.

If I understand correctly, cash can be sent from one country and picked up in another country is less than an hour.  I just checked their website and I can pick up money in Angeles City about two minutes away from where I usually stay. So if for some reason I have difficulty with my credit cards and run out of a cash I can have a friend from the USA or Thailand send me money.

I'm not sure how else you can receive money if you don't have a bank account.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seven said:

‘Twas made of stainless steel so why not. Poor John DeLorean was ahead of his time and died poor

The site he had earmarked to produce the Delorean cars in N. Ireland is literally two minutes from house. Alas, after all these years it still lies as a desolate waste ground!!!

• Like 2

This seems to be a conversation about cars and western union , yes krungsri blue and yellow do western union and usually i use those so lets see next time , but the outlets mentioned above never again , remitly as mentioned worked out for some , but boy the money for me and many others did not come for days its not instant like WU and customer service is non existant and the remitly instagram is full of sad stories , i only used it when i needed to be verified by WU - remitly does not need a passport but a sms sent to your phone , when i used it anyway the lady took my phone and checked it herself and that was my verification so if you lost your passport or an overstayer without a card it can be used but not for me , moneygram etc , Wu has just a good history and its only 2 usd against 220 thb for a atm , cheaper with the wu app so why dont more people do it , and yes delores have staineless steel bodies no paintwork - i remember a story how one dealership in the american south had to clean the body several times a day as it was a fly and dust magnet , for showroom condition and no sale , fed up he had it painted red and sold first day :)

pinkcarpink.png

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 3:21 PM, Pdoggg said:

Good question Zeppie!

The fees seem high but I am thinking it's a nice backup in case of an emergency. Sometimes fees don't matter.

If I understand correctly, cash can be sent from one country and picked up in another country is less than an hour.  I just checked their website and I can pick up money in Angeles City about two minutes away from where I usually stay. So if for some reason I have difficulty with my credit cards and run out of a cash I can have a friend from the USA or Thailand send me money.

I'm not sure how else you can receive money if you don't have a bank account.

always good to have 2 back-up plans.........tha'ts smart

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cinederose said:

This seems to be a conversation about cars and western union , yes krungsri blue and yellow do western union and usually i use those so lets see next time , but the outlets mentioned above never again , remitly as mentioned worked out for some , but boy the money for me and many others did not come for days its not instant like WU and customer service is non existant and the remitly instagram is full of sad stories , i only used it when i needed to be verified by WU - remitly does not need a passport but a sms sent to your phone , when i used it anyway the lady took my phone and checked it herself and that was my verification so if you lost your passport or an overstayer without a card it can be used but not for me , moneygram etc , Wu has just a good history and its only 2 usd against 220 thb for a atm , cheaper with the wu app so why dont more people do it , and yes delores have staineless steel bodies no paintwork - i remember a story how one dealership in the american south had to clean the body several times a day as it was a fly and dust magnet , for showroom condition and no sale , fed up he had it painted red and sold first day :)

pinkcarpink.png

Cool pic........as for WU, you mostly have more experience then I, so your knowledge is better..........as for remitly, never had a problem sending money, the delivery, except once, was within 5 mins with gcash.  but again you and Pdoggg have more experience.

• Like 1