Miss International Queen 2023, June 24, Pattaya, Tiffany Theater

rxpharm

Thank you petesie, also glad you made a full recovery!  Many forum members aren't too interested in beauty contests.

The preliminary round was yesterday after 2:00 pm Thai time and the video is below, skip to 12:27 to avoid the advertising.

The final will be live streamed (at a price from TicketMelon.com), and you can also watch free on a delayed basis starting at 10:40 pm Thai time on Thai Channel 3, or on the MIQ International Queen YouTube channel.

Lots of beautiful contestants this year! Contestants must hold a passport from the country they are representing. For example, Miss Canada Adrian Reyes is a Filipina, but has a Canadian passport. Also contestants may be pre-op or post-op, but their status is not publicized for the contest.

• Like 1

That is a first time MIQ winner from Europe! Miss Netherlands was not one of my favorites, she did well! Congratulations on her win!  Also a first MIQ China made it to the top 11 and Singapore into the top 6.

P&G, you are seeing the results of having custom evening gowns and expert make up - each of the top 11 had custom made evening gowns, and of course professional make up.

• Like 1

I agree with Miss Nederlands over Miss USA and Miss Singapore!

If I had to pick a favorite it might be Miss Vietnam but she didn't make the Top 6 or maybe the Top 11, not sure.

But IMHO the best I saw the entire evening was not a contestant but the incredible Yoshi who was on one of commercials.  She could be the GLOAT, Greatest Ladyboy Of All Time.

BTW, the Netherlands are not in Scandinavia, LOL. I'd remained convinced the winner would be Asian for sure. I had thought miss Netherland could be on the podium as they would probably decided need to give a farang a runner up. I never imagined Melony Munro would be on th epodium either. Last nioght, I thought that Miss Singapore had her chance and thought that my 2 favorites (China and Vietnam) had no chance since they had been already rewarded . 

I guess members of the jury saw what we can't see. 
At least, this 2023 MIQ gave me a good reason to go back to Thailand : Chienese ladyboys live over there. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:30 PM, rxpharm said:

Many forum members aren't too interested in beauty contests.

I'm not particularly interested in beauty contests, especially considering the significant amount of money involved. But I enjoyed the way you shared the main events related to MIQ 2023.I didn't have enough time to watch each video in its entirety, so my opinion is based on partial views. I didn't quite grasp the criteria the jury used to eliminate contestants I liked, but that's a usual sentiment after watching a beauty contest.

Thanks again for sharing. I noticed you never miss a ladyboy beauty contest in Thailand. 

• Like 1

You're welcome PG. I don't expect that many forum members to be interested, but it is a contrast to the usual postings - and it is good to see how beautiful the contestants are, especially those from other countries in MIQ.

Here is a YouTube video of a pageant fan and who follows and comments on all types of contests. His views are interesting and contrast from the judges' selection for the top places. I would say that Miss Tiffany and Miss International Queen are influenced by a lot of other factors besides how well the candidates perform. You can see that Netherlands is the first European MIQ winner, they usually don't give back to back winners to the same country (after Miss Thailand won so many early on). They have had South American MIQ winners (Brazil and Venezuela), Japan, USA (twice), Korea, Vietnam, Philippines (twice), and probably a few more I don't remember.

For some reason the video doesn't embed correctly, so I am leaving it as a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOusjaruc5c&t=10s

• Like 1

I understand what you mean. I often have a similar experience when I watch our national beauty pageant each year. I browse through pictures in TV magazines, but rarely watch the actual televised show, except maybe for the last half hour. I'm not familiar with the specific stages of selection that take place during the program. I do know that The initial wave of selection, where fewer than half of the candidates are chosen, is determined several days prior to the commencement of the show. 

Contestants undergo a month-long training on a tropical island and are evaluated not only on their beauty, but also on their intellectual level and their ability to deliver a smart speech in front of the audience.

The second round is determined by their performance during the show, and then the jury and popular votes decide the top six (1st to 5th runner-up) and the winner. Whenever there is a discrepancy between the popular vote and the jury's decision, it creates a buzz in the media and press for a few weeks.

By the way, I've shared the video of MIQVN2023 in this post. If you skip to the 42:28 mark, you'll see the challenging catwalk test involving a descent down an extremely steep staircase. Daisy mentioned that it's nearly impossible to accomplish, so those who can successfully complete it may advance to the final round.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...