Delays at Immigration at Suvarnabhumi

Just a quick heads up to anyone who may be be flying out of Bkk any time soon and is thinking of leaving it late to get there. The new imigration system in the airport is leading to horrendous queuing and therefore delays getting through immigration.

The guy at check in told me to go there immediately as it can take up to two hours to pass at a busy time of the day. It took me about 35 mins to pass through, before it used to take 10 minutes at most.

You have been warned guys, I though the guy at check in was just saying it for the sake of it, but no this is a real hassle these days.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Airport-queues-will-drive-tourists-away-30178136.html

Took me quite a while.

The worst bit is security, where they are so pedantic now they make you take the belt off your trousers. I warned the uniformed female that I was not wearing underclothes and whatever transpired, shock her though it might, was at her behest.

She merely scowled.

I have only a few hours window between landing at BKK and then going back through departures to HKT via baggage claim and Immigration.

I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I got away with in October, The biggest holdup for me last time was the big group of Russians in front of me who hadn't filled their cards out! :growl:

I have only a few hours window between landing at BKK and then going back through departures to HKT via baggage claim and Immigration.

I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I got away with in October, The biggest holdup for me last time was the big group of Russians in front of me who hadn't filled their cards out! :growl:

Hope it goes smoothly for you Kendo, added stress we don't need. Have a great trip.

If you ever get a chance to upgrade or use your points to fly business they give you a fast track card that allows you to go through the airline staff gate. When l get the opportunity l always ask for a couple of extras or say l misplaced mine. that way l always have a few with me for back up.

Its a huge difference.

Cheers,

ET