Soi Cowboy Bangkok

Papa Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Soi Cowboy tonight, Wednesday December 1st, first day that "entertainment restaurants" can officially serve alcohol until 11 p.m. and have live music (max. 5 band members and they have to wear masks...). 

Kozy Kazy (or v.v.), a GG agogo, is looking for diners:

FFhhtmtVEAIVT-H?format=jpg&name=small

FFhhuoaVQAMIbrr?format=jpg&name=small

Prices: 2500 short time and 5000 long time. And no: I'm not talking about the prices for rare or well-done steaks...

By the way: 300 for the bar.

From Twitter

The Oasis pub on Soi Cowboy has also reopened today:

261676327_626271948792431_42629381329793

facebook.com/theoasissoicowboy/

The Oasis on Soi Cowboy 3 December 21:

FFsqod0UYAImFyc?format=jpg&name=medium

Pic source: Twitter

I think Oasis, located almost next to Cockatoo and across from Shadow bar, has still the same management as Shadow (lb) and Cockatoo (lb).

Edited by Papa Sam
Added pic
  • Like 3

On 12/1/2021 at 11:00 PM, Pulci Gorgon said:

If I got it well, either in soi Cow Boy or Nana plaza, bars re-open as restaurants but will still let attendants go out if customers pay a BF. Would you have a list restricted to ladyboys restaurants ? 

The scene is currently constantly changing. It's been only one day now that "entertainment restaurants" are officially allowed to serve alcohol until 11 p.m. in Bangkok. It's therefore difficult to come up with an up-to-date "ladyboy restaurant" list. 

If you're looking for ladyboys in a classic bar setting, I would have a look at the following three, in my opinion obvious, options:

Why Not? Bar Sukhumvit Soi 4:

facebook.com/Whynotbangkok/

Chaos 9 Sukhumvit Soi 4:  

facebook.com/Chaos9BKK

Check-in Bar (CIB) Sukhumvit Soi 10:

facebook.com/Check-In-Bar-401617183283119/

All three are pure play ladyboy bars. All three I think have short time rooms on their premises. CIB is SHA certified, I don't know about the other two and I also don't know their current BF prices.

If I were looking for p4p ladyboys in a classic bar setting, I would check out the three above mentioned places first.

There are, t.m.k. - currently - no pure play ladyboy bars open in the three main red light zones for tourists, i.e. Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, and Patpong.

I don't think any of the main ladyboy show bars, such as Calypso, are open yet. Some smaller transgender show bars, including TV/CD bars, might be open however. Stranger Bar in Bangkok's Silom area for example opened yesterday:

260995499_4893300790688638_3408880819106

facebook.com/TheStrangerBar/

In Soi Cowboy, there are two pure play ladyboy bars: Cockatoo:

www.facebook.com/CockatooLadyboyBar/

and Shadow:

facebook.com/shadowladyboybarbangkok/

The Facebook pages of both bars are still online, which is hopefully a good sign. But both bars are not open yet.

Other areas of interest in Bangkok are Sukhumvit Soi 7 and Sukhumvit Soi 7/1. In both alleys you should be able to find p4p ladyboys.

A main freelancer hotspot in Bangkok is in front of the Ruamchit Hotel on the main Sukhumvit Rd. between Soi 13 and Soi 25.

And of course you'll also find freelancers (lb and GG) on Soi Nana (Sukhumvit Soi 4).

On Sukhumvit Soi 8, ladyboy freelancers were recently spotted in Random Bar.

A good site for finding ladyboy freelancers is Thai Friendly:

https://www.thaifriendly.com/?ai=1364

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Papa Sam said:

A corona test at the testing site before you enter Soi Cowboy costs 120B but you get a drink voucher so basically the test is free:

My question is exactly what happens if you test positive? Can you just walk away without your name going into some sort of database?

On 1/6/2022 at 11:22 AM, Pdoggg said:

My question is exactly what happens if you test positive? Can you just walk away without your name going into some sort of database?

Don't quote me on this, but I think a positive result from an ATK test will not get your name into an official database because:

"Those who test positive for Covid-19 in a rapid antigen test, or ATK, must follow up with a RT-PCR test to confirm the infection. The Thai government only recognizes positive RT-PCR tests as confirmed Covid-19 infections."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/what-to-do-if-you-test-positive-for-covid-19-in-thailand

It's the obligation of the person who tested positive to proactively inform public health officials at 1330 by phone or their Line official account.

"Those who do not report positive results can face a fine of up to 20,000 baht."

If you're asymptomatic and younger than 65 years old you might be allowed to self-isolate at home. If you're a tourist, you will have to go to a quarantine hotel at your own expense unless your insurance provider pays for it.

But again this is only if your PCR test comes back positive. The publicized cases of foreigners who tested positive for covid and attempted to circumvent the quarantine requirements (the young Israeli and the two Indians come to mind) tested positive after a PCR test, not an ATK test.

I'm not sure if the ATK testing site at Soi Cowboy is necessarily run by public health officials but might be organized by the five bars that are currently open there. 

In Pattaya however, the original three testing sites were set up by the Chon Buri Department of Public Health...

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/pattaya-sets-up-3-free-covid-19-testing-points-to-access-nightlife

In this video from an ATK testing site in Pattaya, I can't see anyone entering any data into a computer:

Same at this ATK testing site on Walking Street:

In this video from the same place, I also can't see anyone noting the names of those getting tested:

So my wild guess is that, no, your positive ATK test result (in Bangkok) will not appear in any official database. However, what happens if the BiB want to see the test results, like here in Pattaya:

could be a different story...

If you do a PCR test and report the positive test result to the health officials then there's data stored in official databases.

FIaKdYbUcAAGh59?format=jpg&name=900x900

Waiting for customers:

271242873_1059855488134551_5696491713604

A Danish family has been placed in isolation in Thailand after their 18-year-old daughter tested positive for covid-19 upon arrival in the country. Their advice to other tourists who are about to leave for Thailand: “Stay at home!

https://scandasia.com/danish-family-placed-in-isolation-in-thailand-after-daughter-test-positive-for-covid-19/

FIf_HgrVEAgLXoE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Papa Sam
Added pic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

Bangkok Pat is looking back at the history of Soi Cowboy:

An extremely interesting video. A portion of the video mentions Asoke Plaza which I had forgotten about. Remember there was a bar with a few ladyboys there but can't recall the name.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Visited Soi Cowboy 2 weeks ago. I guess they're still 'recovering'. Places like Crazy House, Baccara and Tilac were still closed. Other venues were open for drinks outside, but nothing much happening inside. Didn't see a single gogo dance in the whole Soi 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe good to give here a small update, since my last comment already > a year ago.

Soi Cowboy has absolutely returned back to the glory days. Visited last June, and all bars seemed to be open and in full swing. 

Had a drink at both ladyboy bars (Cockatoo and Shadow), and the line-up at both places looks better than I've ever seen before! A descent amount of girls continuously on stage (still little lacking motivation to actually dance), but certainly nice to look at. Too bad the 'pushing' for drinks and lady-drinks didn't change over the years, kinda turn-off for me. 

But all in all ... certainly worth a walk-through when visiting BKK. 

• Like 4

PG, all,

I copied the link below from another forum:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=11Gn8PkIUtMezDD9Hhhr3H0kP0BWciVSx&ll=13.738070377824299%2C100.55232078184686&z=15

Might be very helpful to have a good overview of active bars in both BKK and Patts. BKK looks pretty okay, can't validate PTY. Just give a shout when not correct. :clapping:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dan Miller said:

PG, all,

I copied the link below from another forum:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=11Gn8PkIUtMezDD9Hhhr3H0kP0BWciVSx&ll=13.738070377824299%2C100.55232078184686&z=15

Might be very helpful to have a good overview of active bars in both BKK and Patts. BKK looks pretty okay, can't validate PTY. Just give a shout when not correct. :clapping:

Sir, how is the "Sweet heart bar" (new name: "Meeting bar") in Sukhumvit road 7/1, Bangkok? Have you ever been there? Do you have experience with the staff there?

42 minutes ago, HectorSonOfTroy said:

Sir, how is the "Sweet heart bar" (new name: "Meeting bar") in Sukhumvit road 7/1, Bangkok? Have you ever been there? Do you have experience with the staff there?

A little 'off topic' in the Soi Cowboy topic haha ... but Meeting bar is kinda okay. Can't measure itself with lounge bars like Cindy's or CIB, but it's quite okay to go for a drink. Been there several times over the years. Girls I would describe like average looking, absolutely not shy and they'll be begging for drinks quite quickly. When you accept, you'll enjoy their company very much hehe. Never took one of the girls from meeting bar out though ... 

6 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Is this map current?

It looks pretty good.  The non NEP Bangkok bars seem to be in the right place.

Pattaya is missing Aom Bar on Soi 7, Warm Up and Spot on Soi Boomerang,  Flamingo in Pratumnak, M&M in Naklua, and Ray Bar in Jomtien.   Maybe more, I don't get out of my neighborhood much.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 9:27 AM, Dan Miller said:

A little 'off topic' in the Soi Cowboy topic haha ... but Meeting bar is kinda okay. Can't measure itself with lounge bars like Cindy's or CIB, but it's quite okay to go for a drink. Been there several times over the years. Girls I would describe like average looking, absolutely not shy and they'll be begging for drinks quite quickly. When you accept, you'll enjoy their company very much hehe. Never took one of the girls from meeting bar out though ... 

Thank you for your answer and thank you for your effort, sir! I will look at the two Soi Cowboy bars "Cockatoo" and "Shadow".