Bad Students

Pdoggg

I think the condo with a view of the river that was in so many pics should have a brass plaque affixed aside the front door making it as a place of reverence and historic importance.  That bed with the green headboard is etched in my memory :)

I would have to say the Captain is the king of ladyboy hunters and a saint for his sharing.  I'd be REAL interested in any books he might write on those years, and the girls.  Must be many amazing stories. I'd be more interested in seeing THAT website actually. More likely to pay for access too.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, Pdoggg said:

A warm welcome to the Captain!  :drinks:

Is it my imagination or did the girls have hairier bushes back in the day?

In the old days, as far as my experience went, shaving or trimming pubes was a comparative rarity. And then suddenly I was seeing a whole lot of elegantly shaved pubis. It might well have had something to do with the girls seeing themselves pictured for the first time. Or maybe it was just that, suddenly, there were a whole lot more ladyboys than ever before, and that they were starting out younger, and that a certain amount of groupthink was involved. Or maybe they were trying to look as young as possible. Or maybe it was just the hot weather. Personally, as a connoisseur of pubic hair, I have always been disappointed at seeing it shaved off. 

• Like 1
On 12/2/2020 at 4:53 PM, JustSumGai said:

it's more about not fostering the "I'm better than you" bullshit what with the rich flaunting their money by wearing posh fashions. Then the focus becomes trying to keep up with em, etc.  And the poor ones are left in a pool of reality despair realizing this is what they will graduate into, and some of em just give up, quit and become freelancers and crooks.

Fashion, for a lot of cool people, is made of being creative and edgy with affordable things. Cool is not always about spending money. Thailand seems to be different on this one, they like expensive brands.......but the influence of Westerners will grow some space for this ethos in LOS. Thai people can be cool like that.

• Like 1

they're brand CRAZY! always amazes me. Brands are worthless now, with everything being made in China. I crack up when I see Calvin Cline shorts at street sidewalk table stands with a label claiming "made in the u.s.a" yeah right :)  At one time branding guaranteed quality, not anymore.

and sure the low level stuff IS inventive, my gf makes some terrific clothing, yet it seems to have no demand :(  It's just too small a segment.  And total hit or miss.  It's the era of lemmings.

3 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

Calvin Cline shorts at street sidewalk table stands with a label claiming "made in the u.s.a" yeah right :)

I bought an original Carhartt  belt last year. Heavy duty nylon kind. If theres one brand associated with american workwear its this.  Guess what was printed on the inside. Needless to say it didn't last long. Eyelets popped and nylon started fraying. Thank you Chy-na.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, seven said:

I bought an original Carhartt  belt last year. Heavy duty nylon kind. If theres one brand associated with american workwear its this.  Guess what was printed on the inside. Needless to say it didn't last long. Eyelets popped and nylon started fraying. Thank you Chy-na.

What do you think a virology lab that has "Made in Chy-na" printed on the inside represents to the safety of the entire plant?

Bolts popped and plastic guards start fraying.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

After participating in protests for student’s rights, a Phuket student was barred from graduating 9th grade, moving from middle school to high school, charged with being “not loyal to the nation, institution of the monarchy”. The student had advocated against mandatory uniforms and for student’s liberties. He told reporters that the school started paying attention to his actions last year when he participated in rallies in solidarity with students across Thailand. The school’s student affairs office received a copy of posts he made on social media encouraging others to join the cause. The school ordered a stop to his political actions, but he and his friends disregarded warnings and violated school rules when they handed out white ribbons to classmates. They received a warning from the student affairs office.

Student protests have increased after pro-democracy demonstrations surged in July last year, empowering many Thai people to speak out against injustices, including students’ rights and liberties. People from schools across the nation have been banding together in solidarity to bring their issues to public light.

On graduation day, all the students were promoted into high school, except for the one student protestor, says the Bad Student protest group. The theme of the day focused on dedication to the monarchy, country and religion, and specifically how students should be obedient. The student said he has received support from friends, but his parents remain neutral and his teachers have been completely silent on the matter. He is frustrated that he was punished for his right to express himself. He plans on testing with incoming students to re-enrol in the same school, and if he is not accepted because of the disloyalty charge, he will pursue legal ramifications, suing the school for blocking his right to an education over the student’s protests.

The student believes he needs to speak out to prevent school administrators from imposing on more students’ rights. He advocates for diversity in schools and ending prejudices, with increased liberties and freedoms for students.

“Schools must teach children to be able to think by themselves, not force children to think like them. Schools should create opportunities for students to express their ideas more freely.”

https://thethaiger.com/education/phuket-student-protests-and-is-flunked-as-not-loyal-to-the-nation

• Like 1