RIP Little Richard.

Imo, the greatest rock n roll singer of all time pass away at the age of 87. RIP.

Just read a piece about him and the original lyrics of Tutti Frutti was apparently about anal sex.

“Tutti Frutti” came together in New Orleans’ famous J&M Studio with producer Bumps Blackwell, along with a Crescent City all-star team: Earl Palmer on drums, Frank Fields on bass, Lee Allen on sax. It made Little Richard a star overnight.

The same year he turned up in The Girl Can’t Help It, he made an attention-grabbing appearance in the movie Don’t Knock the Rock (belting his ode to a back-alley drag queen, “Long Tall Sally”). Getting famous overnight did not calm his built-for-speed personality. As he famously said in the Eighties, “If there was anything I loved better than a big penis it was a bigger penis.” He also did plenty of drugs over the years, telling Rolling Stone, “My nose was big enough to put diesel trucks in.”

GettyImages-959923602W.jpgTutti frutti, oh Rudy

• Like 4

Very talented man. I read a piece about him today as well. I never knew that his Christian beliefs and upbringing caused him so much inner turmoil. He apparently renounced his homosexuality a few times throughout his life. He even became a pastor and married a woman. Neither worked out for him.

RIP 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

When I was young (can't remember how young, but many years ago) I heard Little Richard and thought he was great. So naive in those days, and I used to sing along with Tutti Frutti, not seeing anything sexual in it - just great music of the time. And I knew nothing of his turbulent life. Good times.

RIP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1