Geoff Carter's Asia Travels

duke007

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, duke007 said:

He does not mention Cebu Square where the freelancers hung out and one could have a quiet Red Horse or San Mig Lite at pleasant tables outside for 50 or 60 pisos. And discos upstairs.

I had heard the complex closed down but am not really sure. But doubt he could have missed it so I guess it is closed or at least different than 5 years ago. It was a good alternative for guys who don't like the dating app concept although guys tell me that Pina Love is the way to go in Cebu.

Excellent video of the Sukhumvit odd numbered sois.

Geoff stays at one of the places that I like in Bangkok the Nana Studio on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1. Sometimes it is listed as iCheck Studio Nana Soi 11/1. Maybe he read about the joint on LBR. Lots of iChecks with similar names though.   

The rooms are small but quite nice.  Most don't have a window if that matters.  It's a good spot for a short stay especially if you want to get to Suvarnaphumi by way of the BTS to the Rail Link at Phaya Thai.  If you didn't have luggage you could skip the BTS and catch the rail link at the Makkasan stop.  Just 35 baht from   The hotel is just a two minute walk from the Nana BTS station.  Much closer to the station than hotels on Soi 4.

On his walk from Soi 11 to Soi 7 he must have passed Vasu Exchange, the very best place to change money of Sukhumvit, closed on Sunday though.

He also mentions Soi 22 which has cheaper bars than Nana. The beer bars on Soi 4 aren't cheap for what you get.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting

I am warming to this guy but he is not into Ladyboys and seems to be an expert on street food and cheap beer.

As someone who has a dodgy tum, I wonder how much of this 'Beautiful Food' is prepared with tap water and not totally boiled, or washed in tap water, or is left out in the heat for hours, I would preach extreme caution about street food unless well cooked on the barby

• Like 1

Christ which Old People Home did they let him out of

The food looked like a trip to hospital in waiting

the ladies, well having seen them I now know why I like Ladyboys, as they say the best looking girls in Thailand are boys - Oh Yes Christmas is coming

Geoff Carter reminds me of a poor man's Val Donican, but he could sing.

Just taken my cat to the cattery and feeling well guilty.

Wheels up 2 days

Looking forward to Seeing a Party at Sweethearts on Boxing Day, going to see Santa's little helper, that happy Jimbo.

Hope to see some you over next 3 weeks

Smile, Be Really Happy get Divorced