Dubai Connection

ArchieBunker

Need a little help guy.  If you have been thru the Dubai airport for connections how is it?  I just noticed someone close to me is traveling via Dubai with a 90 minutes connection.  is it that massive?  Just to keep in mind this is not an experienced traveler.  

You dont have to go thru security or anything silly like that, do you?  You do in Nrt.  it usually isnt too bad but sometimes its a pain in the ass and takes time.

BTW this young person is flying with Emirates if thats any more necessary info and they are flying in form bangers and out to the US of A......

As long as the flights are on schedule, 90 minutes is fine to make the connection. The key is to find out which terminal the connecting flight will be. If the connecting flight is going to be an Emirates flight - this should make it easy and it will likely be in the same terminal. If it is a different airline, there is a chance it could be another terminal - typically the non-Emirates flights use Terminal 1, while the Emirates flights use terminals 2 and 3.

There is an online guide to the airport, and I would suggest a review especially if there is a need to change terminals. There is a people mover train that connects the 3 different terminals to help if someone needs to go between terminals 1 and 3.

There is no need to go through customs again, but he may need to go through another set of x-rays before boarding the connecting flight to the US.

• Upvote 1