Thai Social Welfare for Thais.

bumblebee

For those who may not be aware there is an actual payment Thais can receive when they finish a regular and I presume tax paying job.  From what I could find out they get two thirds of their monthly salary every month for the 3 months from the day their employment ends.  They can collect it in any part of the country I think

Might be worth keeping in mind if any Thais you know find themselves out of a job as I am not sure how many of them are aware of it.

• Upvote 1

The massage shop where my terai works provides them with some sort of health insurance but she is restricted to certain hospitals, Banglamung may be one.

Then there is the 30 baht scheme inaugurated by Thaksin. I'm fuzzy on the details but perhaps it is only good in one's home province.

Anyone have more info?

Partially correct, in case of an emergency situation the private hospitals have to accept any Thais on the 30 Baht plan.

As for the social welfare benefit of unemployment insurance, BB is correct the job they lost must have been one they were paying income tax on.

• Upvote 1