All coming to a Climax

TTChang

Interesting front page in todays Bangkok Post. Good governance ...here we come?

"UDD chairwoman Tida Tawornseth warned yesterday that Pheu Thai, which claimed a landslide election victory, could see its support waning if the group’s demands for justice over deadly protests last year are not met. In an interview with Reuters, Ms Tida said the red shirts want a thorough investigation into the army’s role in the deaths of red shirt protesters, not an amnesty.

‘‘The future of the red shirts and the Pheu Thai government depends on whether Pheu Thai still governs by listening to the people or not,’’ said Ms Tida. ‘‘I hope no one is unwise and ignores the people’s voice.’’ There have been concerns that military leaders would be cleared of responsibility for last year’s clashes with the protesters in exchange for an amnesty for former premier Thaksin Shinawatra. Ms Tida said the red shirts would not spark conflict but added some people were trying to create the impression of division within the movement over a possible amnesty. ‘‘We have never talked about amnesty. This condition has never been spoken about by the red shirts,’’ she said. She said the red shirts see no need for an amnesty because they do not believe they committed any offences. Instead they were victims of the clashes during April and May last year. ‘‘We believe that we are not guilty,’’ Ms Tida said, adding that she also wanted the release of red shirt protesters who have been detained since last year’s chaos.

While Ms Tida is pressuring Pheu Thai for justice, other core members are calling for the return of favours following the party’s overwhelming victory. "

Reconciliation? Probably not - just make sure the Reds get out of jail and the Military are purged. Why am I not surprised?

Yingluck has an interesting few weeks ahead, mobilising her political forces. General Praya Ocha probably doing likewise with his military forces .... :growl:

'Groundhog Day', anyone?

• Upvote 1

Now now, do not get all worked over about it... perseverance is the word! And a great example would be Roscco, i have had long chats with him as well as other BM's that have a very good insght to how and where things are heading hopfully we are a bit more judicious on how to conduct our life, its our lively hood!

shah

Thanks for the pep talk 'Sexy', I think you've just stopped me jumping off a balcony.

Noodlegate!

Newly elected Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was accused of buying votes with noodles, Thai newspaper Bangkok Post said.

The Election Commission has launched the investigation into a complaint that Yingluck was handing out dishes with noodles she helped to cook, which can be classified as vote-buying.

"There was no distribution of free food nor any attempts to buy votes as alleged," Yingluck's Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit was quoted by the Nation Thai newspaper. He added that cooking was organized to attract the crowd and not be construed as a vote-buying..

"Preliminary results from the investigation show it was not an act of intending to cook the noodles to give them to supporters because a noodle vendor was cooking when Ms Yingluck arrived and she asked if she could help her with the cooking," the committee's secretary-general Suthipol Thaweechaikarn told Bangkok Post.

Thanks for the pep talk 'Sexy', I think you've just stopped me jumping off a balcony.

Check post #28 above, Uncle Lung has gone back to his old gun totin' red jocks thigh boots avatar pic.

Hoo wee, are we all in for trouble...

Check post #28 above, Uncle Lung has gone back to his old gun totin' red jocks thigh boots avatar pic. Hoo wee, are we all in for trouble...

You've gotta to look like you mean business Ken!

I think I'm coming out of my artistic cycle & entering a new phase, it terrifies the kids when I do this, you know.

Anyone for a cup of cha !!! :) While we wait and see!?

Bastard!... 5555.. All the same, it was still worth another +1 from me. :D