Drunk Brit in Jet Bum Grope Jailed

Just read this in yesterday's Sun Newspaper...

A British engineer who drunkenly groped an Air Hostess's bottom has been jailed for 3 months in Dubai.

Terry Harrison, 40 who downed six vodka's on an Emirates flight from Bangkok was arrested when it landed in Dubai.

Harrison who claimed the Air Hostess brushed against him was also charged with breaching Islamic alcohol laws..even though he was served booze by airline staff.

A court ruled that the plane was registered in Dubai, so United Arab Emirates alcohol laws applied even in mid-air

Those rules state it is illegal to drink booze unless you hold a special licence

Harrison, of Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham is said to have angered crew and other passengers on the overnight flight and allegedly spat at another passenger.

Staff said the dad of one tried to get on to the flight deck and into first class and annoyed women passengers by massaging their shoulders but there was uproar when he touched a stewardess's backside and kissed her hand.

The 28 year old said "he was drunk and kind of hit me on my bottom.

He'd done a few things throughout the flight and I think they just mounted up, It was the final straw.

His behaviour throughout the whole flight wasn't acceptable, he spat at a passenger"

Harrison admitted drinking without a licence but denied molesting a flight attendant, He was convicted of both.

Judge Izzat Mansour jailed him for three months for touching the Air Hostess and fined him £320 (17,600 baht) for breaking alcoholic laws.

Harrison was not in court on Monday to hear the verdicts.

His stepdad David Savage said yesterday "We don't know why he's done this"

• Upvote 1

....and some of you lot think us Yanks are stoopid!!!!!

He really shouldnt be playing up on an airplane.  If he were totally wasted, then cut him off BEFORE this kind of shit happens.  I have no problem with cutting people off when they start getting too drunk.  On an airplane you cannot call 9-1-1 unless you have an Air Marshal on board!!!  Even then, you wouldnt want to out them, unless there is really BAD behavior!!

Sorry guys because I don't drink I don't understand why you need to drink on a plane .

Cant people go with out a drink for that long.

they seem to go with out smoke for the length of the trip. :hi:  

I do not drink in the Airport beforehand or am I a big drinker on a plane too, just a couple of bottles of the vin rouge to go with my meals suffice pour moi B)