Not a typical Pattaya band coming to town

JaiDee

A music festival in Thailand due to be headlined by Nine Inch Nails has been postponed indefinitely over political unrest in the country. Trent Reznor's band was due to perform at the Silverlake Music Festival 2014 in Pattaya,Thailand in March (14) along with other acts including The Hives and Foals. However, organisers have now called off the event and offered refunds to fans, blaming the ongoing protests which have blighted the country in recent weeks. A statement from the company behind the festival, Silverlake Entertainment, reads, "We are sad to announce the Silverlake Music Festival 2014 will be postponed indefinitely. Customers will receive a 100 per cent refund. Due to the social and political situation currently underway in Thailand, festival organisers and bands have agreed that it is neither respectful or appropriate to host a celebratory event like a music festival when there are greater, more important issues being confronted in Thailand." Anti-government protests have broken out in Thailand over the last few weeks and the political unrest intensified around Sunday's (02Feb14) national election.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/brief/56777948/thailand-music-festival-axed-over-political-turmoil

Maybe the insurance companies made them cancel .... who knows...sucks

Well,  NIN was never really a band, per se......just him with a variety of instruments and  computers and he would pick up some skilled musicians to play in the studio and  go touring around with him.  Nine Inch Nails is basically Trent Reznor.

I believe How to destroy Angels was just a project in which he and his new wife could team up on, but I really haven't heard anything from them.

And YES, she is very hot.  Philippina I believe.

By the way,  when I last saw them in summer of 2009 on Long Island and again in Philly 2 days later [kind of a groupie  hahaha] it was announced that was the end of NIN and they wouldn't be touring any longer. So much for that.

Well,  NIN was never really a band, per se......just him with a variety of instruments and  computers and he would pick up some skilled musicians to go touring around with him.  Nine Inch Nails is basically Trent Reznor.

it was announced that was the end of NIN and they wouldn't be touring any longer. So much for that.

Yeah, thats true. I've  never been a huge fan really. To weird, experimental for my taste, kinda like Marilyn Manson.

I'm pretty sure i read something like that at the time and assumed they would split up.

Even if you don't like hard industrial music you'd probably like this song and video, it's a bit slower and has a really cool vibe and a great video to go along with it.

Reznor plays every instrument on this track, which is quite common.....hell, it's mostly just computers, a keyboard and drum machines,  with some guitars and bass. He's talented enough to play 'em all.

Little-known fact;   Reznor has an academy award!

Won for the soundtrack to "The Social Network", about the rise of Facebook. He collaborated with Atticus Ross and they both got an Oscar. Reznor has said it was one of the greatest accolade's he has ever gotten; not bad in a 25-year career of selling records to millions of fans.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trent-reznor-i-am-truly-162213

Check out the song above Seven, it's pretty neat and the video is very well-done.

It's ok, not bad. It sounds very much like the new stuff from Arcade Fire, a canadian "indie" band, nothing indie about them anymore as they are probably the  "biggest" band/act in popular music in the world at the moment. 

Bowie is a fan of theirs, and hes featured on their latest album Reflektor .  This NIN track sounds Bowie too.

Little-known fact;   Reznor has an academy award!

Won for the soundtrack to "The Social Network", about the rise of Facebook. He collaborated with Atticus Ross and they both got an Oscar. Reznor has said it was one of the greatest accolade's he has ever gotten; not bad in a 25-year career of selling records to millions of fans.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trent-reznor-i-am-truly-162213

He also wrote and recorded the music to The girl with the dragon tattoo and produced one of Johnny Cash' last and most successful albums.

• 3 weeks later...