Name that country

JaiDee

Actually yes I have a memory that ethnically they originated in the sub continent somewhere, but I'm not sure that all UK and Irish Gypsies/Travellers are necessarily from this same Romany stock. Probably more closely related to an ancient tribe of roofing lead theives.

Actually yes I have a memory that ethnically they originated in the sub continent somewhere, but I'm not sure that all UK and Irish Gypsies/Travellers are necessarily from this same Romany stock. Probably more closely related to an ancient tribe of roofing lead theives.

LOL.... yeah the travellers are a distinct ethnic group from the Roma gypsies, don't know any more than that about them tho. I was surprised to find out a number of years ago that there is a substantial group of them in the States that do the roofing/paving scams here during the warm weather. Iirc they are based somewhere out of the South & they are pretty prosperous too.