That Content Feeling of The Next Trip.

bumblebee

What a shame BB I will be back to the grind by the time you get to the land of cuties as I have

said before one day I will be the for the sporting event of the year.... bad timeing on my part.

Hope the old grind is not too stressful SP. 

Not sure about you guys when you are about to head over,  but I am finding it almost impossible to concentrate in work just now knowing the big trip is just around the corner.  MAGIC!

Guest JustSumGai

I have no time for it. I'm working a lot in the months coming up to the trip and then when ppl realize I'm leaving soon they all remember things that need doing before I disappear for a few months. Trip before last I was working the day before I got on the plane.  I dunno, recent trips have become a bit routine.  And it IS a long grueling trip. Then the jet lag.

At this point I'm looking forward to an end to work for a few months. When I hit Bkk and the sights and smells hit me, the ride in sitting in the cab looking around, feeling like I've come home, then the excitement starts to hit.

I can share your feelings and envy  a few for the long time they can spend.
My departure date is almost exact 2 month ahead ( 18th or 19th december, depending on airline).

I can feel that my trip comes closer as the complains of my girlfriend are getting more frequent and more intensive.

She will never give up trying to  stop my travel. She succeeded already so far that I have given up my 4 weeks summer journey and do only my 5 weeks winter trip but this she cannot stop. I have strong arguments ( alone for Xmas and New Year as she has to spend it with her family and my aversion against cold , dark and snow) which she cannot refute .

The only thing that could stop me would be her divorce but that we both dont want.

I have not yet made up my final schedule, I have to do a detailed planning how to get Cambodia,Thailand and  the Phils together, unfortunately there are no direct flights from PP to Manila, that would make things easier, to go via HCMC can be time consuming ( due to frequent delays of Vietnam airlines).

But now I am in the stage of checking hotels and sort out those Pinoy ladyboys I want to meet, but it always comes to changes and unforeseen newcomers.For Thailand (Pattaya and this time also Bangkok)  I dont make any appointments there is too much available and I know where to find them (lol).Same for Angeles, there is a great choice of ladyboys and in the "worst case " of GGs too (lol), but in cities like Davao , Cebu or other smaller places it might be wise to have something on stock. 

Anyway it´s a heartwarming period of planning when it´s getting cold and grey outside .

• Upvote 1

Guest JustSumGai

four more weeks for me.  I'm READY.  Booked for Nov touchdown at Swampy, a few days there with Polly then we head down to Bang Lamung and Pattaya. First time there.  Hope to see ya this time BB. I'm kinda sweating it a bit tho as new Thai regs say one has to APPEAR at the local honorary Thai consulates now. Three hours drive north and I don't own a car. Also new regs requiring leaving the country and return before they'll issue a double entry Tourist visa. Now I gotta wonder if it's still as easy to hit Phnom Penh and Lucky Lucky for a Thai tourist visa. I had hoped to get past Christmas and NY's before I had to do all that. You or PD got any info BB?

I admit to getting the ol excitement back. Especially after looking thru all 40 pages of you "you had to be there" TR  :happy0065:

• Upvote 1

As I sit at my desk at work, its 0600hrs..or O'dark a clock, the countdown tells me its 33 days 23 hours 59mins to wheels up out of BNE to SYD to BKK. This will be my first time doing this route on QANTAS, previously I've gone direct via THAI and V Australia before that. I certainly wasn't planning this trip at least not now...more like Apr/May as per my usual aspergers routine. Family issues with ex and behavioural fuckups by one of my sons...she was going to dump him on me at short notice. I decided to follow my dick to LOS for what at the time could have been my last trip before I took up permanent father duties to a rampaging 16 yo. Well at least that has now subsided and normality has returned until the school hols.

Anyway this trip I'd thought I'd try to mix up the arrival and departure timings....previously 2030hrs arrival BKK local and depart 2359hrs, now I arrive BKK 1530hrs and depart 1715hrs, quite a change plus not direct for once. I always plan, as AB will attest, especially accommodation, only problem there is when I can't get refunds on the agoda booking and am stuck with it. This trip is no exception, already cancelled R-Con Blue Ocean and then shortened the stay at my new accommodation at Baan Dok Mai. Hoping my booking at I-Rovers isn't a bust and double booked as they seem to do.

This trip is probably the most 'spur of the moment' trips I've done...if you can call booking 2 months in advance that...most won't. The only other occasion was my first trip when a mate from Darwin poked his head up in a email out of the blue and said 'got a free pass from SWMBO, who wants to go to Thailand, I'd never been so within 30 secs up goes the hand..pick me. that was 2009 and 5 or 6 trips ago. He now jokes he created a monster when he introduced me to LOS.

As a couple of you know my heaviest workload is beginning of the year, so i tend to go as above in April/May or June and if I' m real lucky an October trip. The next trip in April could be a 'wing it' trip only the dates are kinda planned atm to take in some of Songkran, my birthday and ANZAC day. No airfares or hotels will be booked til late march i feel. The aspergers will be in a flat spin. DON'T PANIC Mr Mainwaring.

Anyhoo, hope to finally meet you BB, hope SS can come play and look forward to meeting up with BMs I've not before and those I have. Say hi to Ninewives if you see him BB.

• Upvote 2

four more weeks for me.  I'm READY.  Booked for Nov touchdown at Swampy, a few days there with Polly then we head down to Bang Lamung and Pattaya. First time there.  Hope to see ya this time BB. I'm kinda sweating it a bit tho as new Thai regs say one has to APPEAR at the local honorary Thai consulates now. Three hours drive north and I don't own a car. Also new regs requiring leaving the country and return before they'll issue a double entry Tourist visa. Now I gotta wonder if it's still as easy to hit Phnom Penh and Lucky Lucky for a Thai tourist visa. I had hoped to get past Christmas and NY's before I had to do all that. You or PD got any info BB?

I admit to getting the ol excitement back. Especially after looking thru all 40 pages of you "you had to be there" TR  :happy0065:

My last experience of getting a 1 entry Tourist Visa was quite painless in PP.  It was last 18 months ago mind.  I just left my passport and I think a copy of my flight out of Thailand with the travel agent, along with the fee and collected it a few days later.  Maybe it has changed in the meantime.  Catch you when you are in town hopefully.

Anyhoo, hope to finally meet you BB, hope SS can come play and look forward to meeting up with BMs I've not before and those I have. Say hi to Ninewives if you see him BB.

Look forward to catching up with you also CW and I'll give your regards to Ninewives, although he may have read this himself by now.