memorable lines

Lefty

"You boys want to move on, or stay here and give him a decent burial?"

"He was a good man, and I think we ought to bury him"

"He's dead! And he's got a lot of good men back there to keep him company."

"Too damned many."

"I think the boys are right. I'd like to say a few words for the dear dead departed, and maybe a few hymns would be in order, followed by a church supper, with a choir!"

"Crazy damn fools. Both of ya."

I don't care, I love that movie :p

You should. It was filmed in the greatest state in the best country in the world!!! A friend of mine was an extra in the movie and is in 2 scenes. Siam Sam's boyfriend has a small part in the movie too. You can try and figure out who that is.

John vernon as fletcher in the outlaw Josey Wales.

I used that saying not long after I seen the film to my school teacher. I think I may have got into trouble for using that saying.

55555 :lolu:

I used to say stuff like that to teachers at times too. Knew I was supposed to but the urge was just to much to overcome.

Dangit Lefty - please respond to post #93 and tell me whether I was right!

How about JCS replying on post #94?

It's no fun if no one acknowledges the guesses. Otherwise it's just a bunch of random of movie quotes.

When I said my name is Walter I was not making a movie quote. Just saying that is my actual name. :)

That has go to be a Western. I would say Deadwood but that is a tv show. Another hint?

HBO and mini series are ok. This one was a western yes, and a mini series. I quoted Deadwood in one of my first posts in the thread. :)

Anyone know this one?

"Are these tickets good?.... Son, you'll be close enough to scare the band."

Everyone give up?

Ok, here's a hint. Three more classic lines from this classic film:

"Three weeks we've been talking about the Platt Amendment. What are you people, on dope?"

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

"And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV"

AND: for extra credit, can you identify what's wrong with the 3rd quotation (and the way it matches the films original theatrical soundtrack?)

Fast times at Ridgemont High. I used to fancy the pants of Phoebe Cates.

Yes, that's correct!

One tidbit about the quotes though is that just after the comment about "Led Zeppelin IV" there's a jump cut to him in his car with "Kashmir" cranking out, which is from Physical Graffiti. No one's certain whether this was a mistake, or if it's a comment on how inept the character is that he can't even get the musical recommendation correct.

"Led Zeppelin IV"

Many consider this the greatest album of all time.

However, IMHO Stairway is the most overated song in history.

Not really much of a Led Zep fan, But gotta admit that at Live Aid Philly '85 they electrified the crowd with Whole Lotta Love (Led Zep 2) and the whole stadium was filled with sexual energy.