Led Zep

Hefe

LZ will be appearing on Monday's Dave Letterman show, but only as interviewees, they apparently won't play.

Tomorrow they are also being honored at the Kennedy Center for their contribution to American culture (?) :huh: Well to be fair The Who were thus honored years ago & more to the point, Buddy Guy is also being honored tomorrow so I guess it balances it a bit. (They "borrowed" so much material so blatantly in the early days it's about time one of the last surviving Chicago blues guys finally gets formally recognized too.)

Usually the Kennedy Center shows are televised a couple of months later.

I'm not sure Sam is a Led Zep kinda guy. He may like to post about that wonderful Canadian band Promises who gave the world "Baby It's You". And in particular their marvellous female singer, she of the huge norkas which were the best thing up to that time I had ever seen on TV.

C'mon Sam... tell us what you know about the Canadian singer of the century... :hot:

LZ will be appearing on Monday's Dave Letterman show, but only as interviewees, they apparently won't play.

Tomorrow they are also being honored at the Kennedy Center for their contribution to American culture (?) :huh: Well to be fair The Who were thus honored years ago & more to the point, Buddy Guy is also being honored tomorrow so I guess it balances it a bit. (They "borrowed" so much material so blatantly in the early days it's about time one of the last surviving Chicago blues guys finally gets formally recognized too.)

Usually the Kennedy Center shows are televised a couple of months later.

Soeone close to me is going to the Kennedy Center show tonight. They had a luncheon and a bit of a "meet and greet". They met briefly JP Jones and Robert Plant. They said they were cool and at ease mingling. Folks wanted pics taken and they signed a lot of things. Said they were super cool. The other honorees were David Letterman and Dustin Hoffman.

They told me that Hoffman mingled reluctantly for a short time bu Letterman didnt even do that. He bolted the first chance he did and came off as a right twat. Somehow I aint shocked by that. The guy seems like a slimy asshole....

BTW it they show it sometime between Christmas and New Year-that week.