Obama To Visit The LOS November 18th

DownLoLarry

Does the POTUS have a countdown clock on LBR? :flirt2:

Will his visit include nocturnal journeys to Guess and Darkside?

Will Barack get Luk Tanned?

The official visit from November 18-19 would depend on Obama getting re-elected for a second term on November 6.

Obama was scheduled to call on Thailand in July while attending the Asean leaders' summit in Cambodia, but the trip was cancelled after Thailand rejected a request by the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration to use U-tapao International Airport for a tropical climate research study.

http://www.nationmul...t-30192206.html

I'm assuming he'll leave the wife and daughters at home and it'll be just him and Joe Biden going "stag".

Since it's an official State Visit, that means I and other taxpayers are on the hook to pay the boy's barfines. Do you think I should suggest they review one of the many "Pay Barfine Or Not?" threads, and encourage them to just stick to freelancers or slip the girls their blackberry numbers and ask them to call after their bar closes?

• 4 weeks later...

President Obama will be landing at Don Muang. Even though he's on Air Force 1, he probably won't be experiencing the rush I used to get when landing there.

He will be visiting be the Grand Palace (unless a an official looking person tells him it's closed and brings him to a gem store) :flirt2:

Wat Po is also on the agenda.

President Obama has been granted an audience with His Majesty The King!

Afterwards he meets with Yingluck.

Looks like a busy schedule so don't expect to see him at a makeshift bar on Lower Suk.

He's staying at the Four Seasons.

anybody check out that 'press conference' last night?

there were some *tough* questions presented to Mr O and the PM -- he deftly dodged them--and she seemed to never quite understand them.

he admitted he'd asked the buddhist monks to pray for him, thus putting to rest once and for all those rumors that he might be muslim.

or christian.

btw, the president's 'favorite thai cuisine' is -- "all of it".

he did manage a soft and semi-slurry 'kahbkunkap' at the end.

:character00218:

anybody check out that 'press conference' last night?

there were some *tough* questions presented to Mr O and the PM -- he deftly dodged them--and she seemed to never quite understand them.

I think she figured people would understand not wanting to say the wrong thing in English so she totally avoided a tough three part question.

Obama in his statement said he liked Thai food. Then asked what's his favorite he must have thought oh shit.

Obama clearly was not as prepared as he should have been, at one point he sounded like W actually saying people in the Mehkong River. That response is in stark contrast to an Israel question for which he was well prepared.

But when I land in Bangkok I'm wiped out and jet lagged though I guess Air Force 1 is more comfy than Economy Class.