Samsung Galaxy 2 Phone

bumblebee

Hi BB don't you mean the Galaxy S 3. I got one a few months ago, definitely the best phone I have owned.

It's the phone that will demonstrate there really is more than one option out there.

Was in Vietnam in July and it was being very heavily promoted everywhere.

Mind you I got mine in Melbourne, so have no idea what the Thai retail price is.

• Upvote 1

Been reading a lot of comparisons and the Galaxy 2 suits me over the IPhone 4, mainly for the larger screen. I just want a powerful machine at a good price. Not even considering the Galaxy 3 or Iphone 5 as I don't want to spend a huge amount. The SG2 is 475 euro here, which is about 18,500 B.

The iphone 4gs was about 23 k THB before the new 5 was announced, and the iphone 4 was about 19k THB, they are probably less now. These are prices in the apple store at Central Festival in Pattaya, not tukcom or mbk, as they are copies.

The samsung screen is bigger yes, but imo no oher brand compares to iPhone.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback gents, much appreciated. As I mentioned I don't want the best, so not looking at the IPhone 5 or SG 3, but rather just a good phone and the SG2 has all I really need a bit more. The prices are coming in at about the same as I can find online, With the exchange rate, Los is not the bargain destination it used to be as we all well know.

You might want to look at the galaxy S plus as well, runs about 12000 baht. There is not that much of a difference between the various Galaxy models as far as every day uses are concerned, Looks, feel and screen size is the same, only if you will need to use ALL of the facilities of the phones to the full extend will you see a difference. As far as the i-phones are concerned, I just dont like Apple.

• Upvote 1

The iphone 4gs was about 23 k THB before the new 5 was announced, and the iphone 4 was about 19k THB, they are probably less now. These are prices in the apple store at Central Festival in Pattaya, not tukcom or mbk, as they are copies.

The samsung screen is bigger yes, but imo no oher brand compares to iPhone.

I agree, but a gg friend of mine says 40,000b for iPhone5 in Pattaya..

could that be true..? I was looking to buy one in November

Seven - I disagree and if you look at the different reviews you will find the same disagreement. The Galaxy is certainly compareable to the i-phone. It seems to boil down to personal preference, there are people who swear by theire i-phone and there are people who would not even considere to exchange theire Galaxy for an I-phone. My girlfriend has a Galaxy and her twin sister has an i-phone, both are more than happy with what they have and would not change and they do compare the phones.

And dont disregard MBK, the statement that MBK sells only copies is false, but by all means do check the Samsung stores at Central in Pattaya and at Terminal 21 top floor in BKK.

Been doing a bit more reading up, and may just splash out on the SG3. It's about 60 Euro cheaper to buy it online than in the shop near my home. But I am thinking it might be worth spending the little extra and get it in the shop as it would be easier for comeback if there is any problem rather than chasing some company online.

Not in any rush as have 3 weeks to mull it over. Thanks again guy for the posts.

Seven - It seems to boil down to personal preference,

And dont disregard MBK, the statement that MBK sells only copies is false, but by all means do check the Samsung stores at Central in Pattaya and at Terminal 21 top floor in BKK.

For sure. I´m sure many people are happy with Samsung phones, personally i prefer Iphone. I´m into my 4th , i never had the 3gs, and i´m so satisfied with it i have no reason to change. I hate itunes though, so i´m jailbreaked. its all good.

I´d be the first to admit i have a problem with apple as a company. They´re arrogant elitists with all the ugly traits of a cult. Their products are overpriced, but imo, simply better.

I wouldn't risk buying at mbk or tukcom, but as they say...up yo you!

I agree, but a gg friend of mine says 40,000b for iPhone5 in Pattaya..

could that be true..? I was looking to buy one in November

Seems a bit high. In europe you get it for around 700 euros= 28000 THB.

Remember, each country gets a model suited for its networks. I doubt Thailand get the 4g /lte version.

Quite a few people I know switched from the Iphone 4S to the Galaxy S3 and they swear by the S3.

Below is a link to a MBK phone shop owned by an English guy and the S3 is 18,000baht/458euros. But your right BB to buy it in Ireland just for that warranty for the sake of an extra 120euros.

https://www.facebook...oneShop?fref=ts

Cheers Tomas. Powercity are selling it for 614 Euro, and another company are doing it online for 559 Euro from a office 7 Kms from my home. The online option is obviously cheaper, but as i said before it's the peace of mind of knowing I can walk into a shop if anything happens to it.

Vodafone, the network I am on have it for 579 but it's on their network. Call me paranoid, but I would be afraid if I tried to get it unlocked in Tukcom the guys in the shop might either fuck it up, or worse switch the thing for a fake while I wasn't looking, who knows.

If you have the option to buy it from a Irish company whether it be Powercity or a online company, unlocked, I would go for it.

If you unlock it with one of the many sim unlock apps, it can lock up again with a firmware update from Samsung. You also need to have the rom rooted and busybox installed for the unlock apps to work.

Only way to unlock it permanently is to get the unlock code. You can get them for free for blackberrys but I have never seen a site doing them for free for the Galaxy S3. Once you have the code, unlocking the phone yourself is as easy as dialling a number. A firmware update wont effect this unlock.

Best bet looks to be Powercity as at least they have a bricks and mortar store to go into if you have any problems.

Best bet looks to be Powercity as at least they have a bricks and mortar store to go into if you have any problems.

Just popped over to Powercity and they said they have them in stock. Will spend a few more days justifying it in my mind why I should spend that amount of money on a phone before probably going with that option, we never lose that guilt thing lol. Cheers for your input on this it's much appreciated, likewise all the other guys.