Phuket Taxi Fares

pdogg

This article has a list of taxi fares in Phuket.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2012/Phuket-taxis-agree-to-standard-fares-17916.html

PHUKET: More than 50 representatives from taxi organizations across Phuket have agreed to a schedule of standard fares to be charged island-wide.

The benchmark agreement, which is expected to resolve many of the issues – and violent conflicts – related to fares charged, was forged at a meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall on Wednesday.

The fares agreed to were reportedly already in use by most taxi operators on the island, so it was relatively easy for them to agree to make them standard,” he added.

My quotes were as follows, 650 each way from my loom to U-Tapao Airport and back with MR T Taxis which I think is fair because they are reliable

The return fares from Phuket Airport to my loom in Patong were quoted as 700 each way because of High season

I have since cancelled my proposed 3 night jaunt to Phuket even though I still have my Flights booked and payed for.

Sam I agree, Phuket is pretty expensive for a guy on "holiday mode" and close to that of Bangkok

• Upvote 2

I think I paid about 600 for HKT to Patong last couple of trips by going to the booth outside the airport instead of the people that try and jump on as you wheel your baggage trolley through arrivals.

800 for the return is a bit of a piss take though, not going to grumble too much over an extra 3 quid though.

patong to airport 800....

Damn, that's only 100 baht less than going from Pattaya to the airport!

and you are only going about 30 miles, not 90.

I can't envision myself ever going back to Phuket, for many reasons but mostly because there are way too many tourists and the price for everything has gone way up in the past 10 years. Strange, as that was literally my favorite place on the planet for years and years.....now I simply can't afford it.